|Leftover Cranberry Sauce Muffins ||
Recipe type: Bread
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Yield: 12 muffins
Hearty, tangy muffins using cranberry sauce. They're ridiculously easy to whip up, just perfect for that lazy morning after a big holiday.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup + 3 tablespoons rolled oats (reserve the 3 tablespoons for the tops)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups leftover cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a 12-cup standard-size muffin tin (or add liners).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, 1 cup oats, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cranberry sauce, milk, vegetable oil and egg.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until blended.
- Divide the batter between the 12 muffin cups - about 3/4 to all the way full.
- Sprinkle with the three tablespoons oats.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until tops spring back when you touch them and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out dry.
- Let cool for about five minutes, then enjoy!
Adapted from Serious Eats
Recipe by The Hazel Bloom at http://www.kitchentreaty.com/leftover-cranberry-sauce-muffins/