I actually like all of these foods. Especially raisins. Those silly raisin-haters don’t know what they’re missing. A bowl of oatmeal is incomplete without ‘em, for instance. And Raisinets – chocolate-covered raisins? Yes, please. Okay, I’ll admit I don’t really like them (or much of anything) in my carrot cake, but I find plenty more places for them than not.
Like in these cookies, for instance.
Chocolate chips + oatmeal cookies are good. Raisins + oatmeal cookies are good. So I thought, how about chocolate-covered raisins in oatmeal cookies?
Also good, as it turns out. Really good. Especially when you use the dark chocolate Raisinets, but regular Raisinets do just fine too. They may even convert a few raisin-haters out there. You’d think that’s impossible, but I witnessed it in my own home when my guy requested another one of these. And another.
Now to get him to come around to avocados.
Dark Chocolate Raisinet Oatmeal Cookies
Adapted from Nestle
Yield: about 3 dozen cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 heaping cup dark chocolate Raisinets
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In the large bowl of a stand mixer afixed with the beater attachment or in a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar together until fluffy, about two to three minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla and mix well.
- Place a sifter over the bowl and sift in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the oats. Mix until blended.
- Stir in the Raisinets.
- Place in rounded tablespoonfuls on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 8 minutes, until they look set and the edges begin to look golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about five minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool the rest of the way.
More goodies like this:
- Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake with Cinnamon Whipped Cream 7:00 AM
- Sweet, Spicy, and Savory Pumpkin Seeds 10:31 AM
- Iced Coffee 3:09 PM
- Hawaii & Haupia (Coconut Pudding) 11:05 PM
- Fresh Bing Cherry Ice Cream 1:17 PM
- Foodbuzz 24×24: A Simply Washington Thanksgiving 10:31 PM
- Sweet Potato Pie 8:48 AM
- Goodbye to The Hazel Bloom. Hello, Kitchen Treaty! 7:59 AM
- Junk to Treasure: 70′s Clock Turned Cool New Wall Art 3:11 PM
- Honey Rhubarb Brown Betty 11:03 AM
- Almond Poppyseed Shortbread Cookies 10:43 AM
- Deep Dark Hot Fudge Pudding Cake 10:51 AM
- Glazed Greek Yogurt Lemon Poppyseed Muffins 12:01 PM
- Glazed Vanilla Bean Cookies 8:56 AM
- Anne: I've just made two and they are absolutely adorabl...
- Sam: Kare, good luck to you. Your blog was the first th...
- Kare: Hi Angela! You left this comment nearly a year ago...
- Mary Castor: Hi, Just made these...What did I do wrong??? The...
- Kristen: This is so beautiful! :) I'm wanting to do somet...
- Lisa: Hi! I am doing a roundup of my favorite holiday t...
- Chante Drape: Dark chocolates and milk chocolates are the best. ...