Honey gives the bread crumb tipping a sticky-crisp sweetness that complements the tart rhubarb perfectly in this brown betty. Top with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream for betty nirvana.
This recipe can now be found on my new blog, Kitchen Treaty – the direct link is below. It is no longer available on The Hazel Bloom. I’m very sorry for the inconvenience, but I do hope you come on over to see Kitchen Treaty. It’s a food blog (and my new labor of love!) [...]
A tropical twist on banana bread! This banana bread recipe is a perfectly moist and delicious version, with the added bonus of super-sweet coconut both in the batter and sprinkled over the top.
Drink your vitamins! This simple recipe for a green smoothie brings spinach and blueberries together with nonfat Greek yogurt, banana, orange juice and honey for a delicious and healthy drink.
So easy. Segments of oranges dipped in rich, dark chocolate and spiked with flakes of Fleur de sel … it totally works.
So they’re a bit of a cheat – they use refrigerator crescent rolls. They’re also really, really delicious. The sauce creates a tart, lemony-orange caramel on the bottom of the rolls, and the zest settles into the cracks along the top.
A delicious cross between a brownie and snack cake. They’re dense with a large crumb, super-moist, buttery, rich, and the perfect balance of lemony-sweet. The tangy glaze is the cherry on top.
Yes, they’re lumpy, bumpy and misshapen. But dang! These things are good. As scones go, they’re very tender and flaky – not dry at all. The tangerine glaze highlights the bright citrus zest along with the wonderful dried cranberries tucked throughout these bad boys.
They’re hearty and tangy and perfect for that lazy morning after Thanksgiving. And ridiculously easy to whip up, to boot!
Simmer up a batch of thick, rich spiced pumpkin butter to spread on toast, add to oatmeal, stir into yogurt or give away as delicious gifts. It’s easy.
Delicious, easy caramel dip for apples. Only four ingredients, ten minutes to make and far more wholesome than that stuff you find in the store.
The perfect companion to coffee or tea for a late weekend-morning breakfast. Orange zest, ground cloves and vanilla illuminate the sweet punches of special greengage plums (but any plum will do).
These delectable muffins are tender and bursting with bright bites of fruit. The crumb topping just adds to the experience. Perfect for a special breakfast with the fam.
Delicious, moist lemon-buttermilk cupcakes filled with good raspberry jam, topped with a simply amazing vanilla bean buttercream then plopped with a fresh raspberry to hint at what will be found inside.
- Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake with Cinnamon Whipped Cream 7:00 AM
- Sweet, Spicy, and Savory Pumpkin Seeds 10:31 AM
- Iced Coffee 3:09 PM
- Hawaii & Haupia (Coconut Pudding) 11:05 PM
- Fresh Bing Cherry Ice Cream 1:17 PM
- Foodbuzz 24×24: A Simply Washington Thanksgiving 10:31 PM
- Sweet Potato Pie 8:48 AM
- Goodbye to The Hazel Bloom. Hello, Kitchen Treaty! 7:59 AM
- Junk to Treasure: 70′s Clock Turned Cool New Wall Art 3:11 PM
- Honey Rhubarb Brown Betty 11:03 AM
- Almond Poppyseed Shortbread Cookies 10:43 AM
- Deep Dark Hot Fudge Pudding Cake 10:51 AM
- Glazed Greek Yogurt Lemon Poppyseed Muffins 12:01 PM
- Glazed Vanilla Bean Cookies 8:56 AM
- Anne: I've just made two and they are absolutely adorabl...
- Sam: Kare, good luck to you. Your blog was the first th...
- Kare: Hi Angela! You left this comment nearly a year ago...
- Mary Castor: Hi, Just made these...What did I do wrong??? The...
- Kristen: This is so beautiful! :) I'm wanting to do somet...
- Lisa: Hi! I am doing a roundup of my favorite holiday t...
- Chante Drape: Dark chocolates and milk chocolates are the best. ...