Poke a chopstick through the foil lid of a four-ounce, kid-sized yogurt, freeze, and voila! Delicious, healthy, and refreshing frozen yogurt pops.
Chocolate chips + oatmeal cookies are good. Raisins + oatmeal cookies are good. So I thought, how about chocolate-covered raisins in oatmeal cookies? Also good, as it turns out. Really good. Especially when you use the dark chocolate Raisinets, but regular Raisinets do just fine too.
This is one of those magical recipes that tastes way too special to take only 10 minutes, if that, to prepare. With vanilla, nutmeg, and the crunch of pecans scattered along the top, you can’t go wrong. Serve with pure maple syrup and the weekend just got even sweeter.
These crazy, delicious green cookies inspired by none other than the famous McD’s Shamrock Shake. We’re talking buttery green-hued shortbread flavored with vanilla and mint. Atop the cookie lies the best part – the minty buttercream, liberally flavored with vanilla and mint. And then naturally, a maraschino cherry on top.
Rich, decadent chocolate brownies topped with a nice, thick, minty layer of sweet icing unabashedly spiked with green food coloring, and then sprinkled with mini chocolate chips. Chocolate on mint on chocolate.
The cupcake is reminiscent of a Toll House Cookie bar, but, you know, in cupcake form. Ooey, chewy, gooey, chocolate chippy goodness. And the buttercream … oh my. Lots of brown sugar, a hit of vanilla, a pinch of salt to take it over the top.
So they’re a bit of a cheat – they use refrigerator crescent rolls. They’re also really, really delicious. The sauce creates a tart, lemony-orange caramel on the bottom of the rolls, and the zest settles into the cracks along the top.
Dang delicious and really kind of fun to make. They’re like big chocolate chip cookies on steroids (the good kind, if there’s a good kind), beefed up with rolled oats, flaked coconut and a touch of cinnamon. Hearty and delicious.
We’re talking white chocolate and Oreo cookies, all mushed together and made into a heavenly bark. Easy, delicious and festive.
Sweet and salty = yum! As far as easy treats go, these are insanely so. Put down a pretzel, add a Hershey’s kiss, melt the kiss a little and then plop an M&M on top.
This yummy homemade candy cane hot cocoa mix makes the perfect gift for everyone on your “nice” list. Dark chocolate adds depth, crushed candy canes give it a minty twist and the white chocolate rounds it all out. It comes together incredibly quickly with the help of a food processor.
With only five ingredients (six if you add the sprinkles), Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls are a simple, easy goodie that come together in no time at all and will undoubtedly disappear equally quickly. But don’t worry; smiles (and quite possibly recipe requests) will be left behind.
They’re hearty and tangy and perfect for that lazy morning after Thanksgiving. And ridiculously easy to whip up, to boot!
Simmer up a batch of thick, rich spiced pumpkin butter to spread on toast, add to oatmeal, stir into yogurt or give away as delicious gifts. It’s easy.
- Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake with Cinnamon Whipped Cream 7:00 AM
- Sweet, Spicy, and Savory Pumpkin Seeds 10:31 AM
- Iced Coffee 3:09 PM
- Hawaii & Haupia (Coconut Pudding) 11:05 PM
- Fresh Bing Cherry Ice Cream 1:17 PM
- Foodbuzz 24×24: A Simply Washington Thanksgiving 10:31 PM
- Sweet Potato Pie 8:48 AM
- Goodbye to The Hazel Bloom. Hello, Kitchen Treaty! 7:59 AM
- Junk to Treasure: 70′s Clock Turned Cool New Wall Art 3:11 PM
- Honey Rhubarb Brown Betty 11:03 AM
- Almond Poppyseed Shortbread Cookies 10:43 AM
- Deep Dark Hot Fudge Pudding Cake 10:51 AM
- Glazed Greek Yogurt Lemon Poppyseed Muffins 12:01 PM
- Glazed Vanilla Bean Cookies 8:56 AM
- Anne: I've just made two and they are absolutely adorabl...
- Sam: Kare, good luck to you. Your blog was the first th...
- Kare: Hi Angela! You left this comment nearly a year ago...
- Mary Castor: Hi, Just made these...What did I do wrong??? The...
- Kristen: This is so beautiful! :) I'm wanting to do somet...
- Lisa: Hi! I am doing a roundup of my favorite holiday t...
- Chante Drape: Dark chocolates and milk chocolates are the best. ...