Honey gives the bread crumb tipping a sticky-crisp sweetness that complements the tart rhubarb perfectly in this brown betty. Top with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream for betty nirvana.
Sweet, nutty poppyseeds. Crunchy almondy goodness. Buttery shortbread. Bad photos. Good cookies.
Magical things happen when you bake this deep, dark hot fudge pudding cake. A rich, gooey cake forms on the top, and a warm, melty, dark, fudgy sauce forms on the bottom. Serve with ice cream and life is complete.
This recipe can now be found on my new blog, Kitchen Treaty – the direct link is below. It is no longer available on The Hazel Bloom. I’m very sorry for the inconvenience, but I do hope you come on over to see Kitchen Treaty. It’s a food blog (and my new labor of love!) [...]
I started with King Arthur Flour’s Basic Muffins recipe, then added orange zest, a variety of orange-juice-soaked dried fruits and some warm, welcoming spices. Then I piped the telltale cross on the top and, bingo.
A tropical twist on banana bread! This banana bread recipe is a perfectly moist and delicious version, with the added bonus of super-sweet coconut both in the batter and sprinkled over the top.
Drink your vitamins! This simple recipe for a green smoothie brings spinach and blueberries together with nonfat Greek yogurt, banana, orange juice and honey for a delicious and healthy drink.
Chocolate chips + oatmeal cookies are good. Raisins + oatmeal cookies are good. So I thought, how about chocolate-covered raisins in oatmeal cookies? Also good, as it turns out. Really good. Especially when you use the dark chocolate Raisinets, but regular Raisinets do just fine too.
This is one of those magical recipes that tastes way too special to take only 10 minutes, if that, to prepare. With vanilla, nutmeg, and the crunch of pecans scattered along the top, you can’t go wrong. Serve with pure maple syrup and the weekend just got even sweeter.
These crazy, delicious green cookies inspired by none other than the famous McD’s Shamrock Shake. We’re talking buttery green-hued shortbread flavored with vanilla and mint. Atop the cookie lies the best part – the minty buttercream, liberally flavored with vanilla and mint. And then naturally, a maraschino cherry on top.
Divine chocolate, of course, enhanced with tons of ground cinnamon and then flecked with delicious little grains of Fleur de sel for that turbo-boost of flavor that only salt can give to chocolate.
Rich, decadent chocolate brownies topped with a nice, thick, minty layer of sweet icing unabashedly spiked with green food coloring, and then sprinkled with mini chocolate chips. Chocolate on mint on chocolate.
So easy. Segments of oranges dipped in rich, dark chocolate and spiked with flakes of Fleur de sel … it totally works.
The cupcake is reminiscent of a Toll House Cookie bar, but, you know, in cupcake form. Ooey, chewy, gooey, chocolate chippy goodness. And the buttercream … oh my. Lots of brown sugar, a hit of vanilla, a pinch of salt to take it over the top.
- Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake with Cinnamon Whipped Cream 7:00 AM
- Sweet, Spicy, and Savory Pumpkin Seeds 10:31 AM
- Iced Coffee 3:09 PM
- Hawaii & Haupia (Coconut Pudding) 11:05 PM
- Fresh Bing Cherry Ice Cream 1:17 PM
- Foodbuzz 24×24: A Simply Washington Thanksgiving 10:31 PM
- Sweet Potato Pie 8:48 AM
- Goodbye to The Hazel Bloom. Hello, Kitchen Treaty! 7:59 AM
- Junk to Treasure: 70′s Clock Turned Cool New Wall Art 3:11 PM
- Honey Rhubarb Brown Betty 11:03 AM
- Almond Poppyseed Shortbread Cookies 10:43 AM
- Deep Dark Hot Fudge Pudding Cake 10:51 AM
- Glazed Greek Yogurt Lemon Poppyseed Muffins 12:01 PM
- Glazed Vanilla Bean Cookies 8:56 AM
- Anne: I've just made two and they are absolutely adorabl...
- Sam: Kare, good luck to you. Your blog was the first th...
- Kare: Hi Angela! You left this comment nearly a year ago...
- Mary Castor: Hi, Just made these...What did I do wrong??? The...
- Kristen: This is so beautiful! :) I'm wanting to do somet...
- Lisa: Hi! I am doing a roundup of my favorite holiday t...
- Chante Drape: Dark chocolates and milk chocolates are the best. ...