An old gold plastic clock turned cool wall art with spray paint and scrapbook paper.
Easy, inspired DIY flower wall art made with a craft-store canvas, scrapbook paper, glue gun and some Mod Podge. Make it in a day, enjoy it for years!
This turned out to be a great project when I was stuck at home. All you need for a generously-sized burp cloth are two 19-inch by 10-inch pieces of fabric. One side is best made of an absorbent material like cotton flannel; the other with woven cotton. For the absorbent side, along with some flannel scraps I had on hand, we used a discarded king-size chenille pillowcase, an old flannel receiving blanket and even a pair of rejected flannel pajama pants.
I adore primroses. Just as spring fever threatens to hit, up pops this plant that’s perfect for a porch-brightening container or two.
We repurposed, reused, DIYed, sanded and sewed our hearts out, creating our dream nursery on a budget. The only new piece of furniture in the room is the crib, which took up the bulk of our budget.
This is one of those projects that takes next to no time to whip up. Not only does it bit of springy whimsy to any tabletop, I guarantee it will make you smile at least once per day. Plus, it’s the perfect, no-maintenance “bouquet” for super-busy folks like me. Bonus! Just grab some branches from [...]
I’m big on “free” art, as you can see here and here. There are so many beautiful, interesting things out there – just add a frame and, voila! Something pretty for your walls, for next to no moolah! My latest endeavor involved some neat vintage-inspired illustrated postcards that I picked up on our February trip [...]
I love looking at throwaway items – something that’s junk or just plain garbage – and reimaginingthem as something else entirely. It’s my favorite form of creativity, and I’ve done it most my life. I’m not too proud to say I’m a little bit happy that this sort of thing (you know, “recycling,” I suppose) [...]
If you’re looking for an easy and budget-friendly place card idea for Thanksgiving, look no further. All you need are crabapples with their perfectly long stems, some paper, tape, scissors, a pen, and about 15 minutes. (And they’re totally cute, too.)
Here’s a confession: For a long time, I’ve been deathly afraid to tune in to Hoarders. The truth is, I feared I’d see too much of myself. See, I’ve never been the most… meticulous. An elementary school teacher sent home the feedback, “Karen is so talented! But… she needs to work on her organizational skills.” [...]
Not gonna lie, here. I had a heck of a time coming up with a Jack O’Lantern idea this year. Last year, my choice of Owl O’Lantern was clear – my obsession with owls had hit an all-time high, so creating my own rotund orange number was a no brainer. This year, I just wasn’t [...]
Sometimes I’m really ridiculously proud of something I’ve created. And that pride leads to me being a little obnoxious. Maybe a lot obnoxious, depending on how much you like me (or don’t). In this case, I took a photo of a flower out in the backyard, and within an hour it was up on my [...]
This thing cost me $5 at a garage sale last Friday. Total shocker, right? I mean, it's in such pristine condition… I know, I know. Not. It's certainly a little worse for the wear, but it was the perfect size for our patio – where I wanted a cart or a table for drinks, BBQ [...]
I know this is primarily a food blog, and so if you see the title of this post, you may have already "ewwwww"ed. No worries. Today I'm talking about a plant. Photo Credit: Moosey's Country Garden from This Old House's Best Plants for Colorful Foliage Lamb's Ear (Stachys byzantina) is one of the cutie [...]
- Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake with Cinnamon Whipped Cream 7:00 AM
- Sweet, Spicy, and Savory Pumpkin Seeds 10:31 AM
- Iced Coffee 3:09 PM
- Hawaii & Haupia (Coconut Pudding) 11:05 PM
- Fresh Bing Cherry Ice Cream 1:17 PM
- Foodbuzz 24×24: A Simply Washington Thanksgiving 10:31 PM
- Sweet Potato Pie 8:48 AM
- Goodbye to The Hazel Bloom. Hello, Kitchen Treaty! 7:59 AM
- Junk to Treasure: 70′s Clock Turned Cool New Wall Art 3:11 PM
- Honey Rhubarb Brown Betty 11:03 AM
- Almond Poppyseed Shortbread Cookies 10:43 AM
- Deep Dark Hot Fudge Pudding Cake 10:51 AM
- Glazed Greek Yogurt Lemon Poppyseed Muffins 12:01 PM
- Glazed Vanilla Bean Cookies 8:56 AM
- Anne: I've just made two and they are absolutely adorabl...
- Sam: Kare, good luck to you. Your blog was the first th...
- Kare: Hi Angela! You left this comment nearly a year ago...
- Mary Castor: Hi, Just made these...What did I do wrong??? The...
- Kristen: This is so beautiful! :) I'm wanting to do somet...
- Lisa: Hi! I am doing a roundup of my favorite holiday t...
- Chante Drape: Dark chocolates and milk chocolates are the best. ...