From stocking stuffers to “the big kahuna,” it’s easy to whip up a gift that any baking lover will adore. Here are a few delicious ideas!
Yes, they’re lumpy, bumpy and misshapen. But dang! These things are good. As scones go, they’re very tender and flaky – not dry at all. The tangerine glaze highlights the bright citrus zest along with the wonderful dried cranberries tucked throughout these bad boys.
Colorful, full of flavor and packed full of warm spices. When topped with delicious Cinnamon-Honey Butter it’s breakfast nirvana, equally appropriate for company and kiddos.
They’re hearty and tangy and perfect for that lazy morning after Thanksgiving. And ridiculously easy to whip up, to boot!
Simmer up a batch of thick, rich spiced pumpkin butter to spread on toast, add to oatmeal, stir into yogurt or give away as delicious gifts. It’s easy.
Delicious, easy caramel dip for apples. Only four ingredients, ten minutes to make and far more wholesome than that stuff you find in the store.
The perfect companion to coffee or tea for a late weekend-morning breakfast. Orange zest, ground cloves and vanilla illuminate the sweet punches of special greengage plums (but any plum will do).
These delectable muffins are tender and bursting with bright bites of fruit. The crumb topping just adds to the experience. Perfect for a special breakfast with the fam.
Finally! Summer is here … or at least, it’s darn close. The weatherman said it’s so, and if the weatherman says it’s so … well, I choose to believe this time around. Bring on sunflowers and popsicles and running through sprinklers, baby. I’m ready. I’m ready for summery goodies, too. Ice cream, juicy garden-grown tomatoes, [...]
Now that you’ve learned how to cook up the perfect artichoke, here are a few dip ideas – 10 to be exact – for all those wonderful leaves (and the delectable heart!). Once you try these dips for artichokes, you’ll be addicted. Agave-Mustard (or Honey-Mustard) Sauce The one and only, this combination seems as though [...]
How to Steam an Artichoke Ingredients: Fresh artichokes (choose ‘chokes that are brightly colored, sport tightly closed leaves, and feel a little heavy for their size) Lemon slice Garlic clove Bay leaf Directions: Fill a large pan with about two inches of water, and add the lemon, garlic clove and bay leaf. Set on the [...]
Delicious, moist lemon-buttermilk cupcakes filled with good raspberry jam, topped with a simply amazing vanilla bean buttercream then plopped with a fresh raspberry to hint at what will be found inside.
Raspberries, almonds and oatmeal, oh my! Along with a touch of delicious vanilla. When baked to perfection, it makes for a delicious, almost decadent breakfast.
This almond waffles recipe is a little different, but in a good way. Super buttery and deliciously golden, the almond flour and extract add sweet, subtle nutty flavor while the toasted almonds on top give it nice satisfying crunch. Oh, and I talk about our golden retriever puppy, Daisy, too. Lord help us.
- Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake with Cinnamon Whipped Cream 7:00 AM
- Sweet, Spicy, and Savory Pumpkin Seeds 10:31 AM
- Iced Coffee 3:09 PM
- Hawaii & Haupia (Coconut Pudding) 11:05 PM
- Fresh Bing Cherry Ice Cream 1:17 PM
- Foodbuzz 24×24: A Simply Washington Thanksgiving 10:31 PM
- Sweet Potato Pie 8:48 AM
- Goodbye to The Hazel Bloom. Hello, Kitchen Treaty! 7:59 AM
- Junk to Treasure: 70′s Clock Turned Cool New Wall Art 3:11 PM
- Honey Rhubarb Brown Betty 11:03 AM
- Almond Poppyseed Shortbread Cookies 10:43 AM
- Deep Dark Hot Fudge Pudding Cake 10:51 AM
- Glazed Greek Yogurt Lemon Poppyseed Muffins 12:01 PM
- Glazed Vanilla Bean Cookies 8:56 AM
- Anne: I've just made two and they are absolutely adorabl...
- Sam: Kare, good luck to you. Your blog was the first th...
- Kare: Hi Angela! You left this comment nearly a year ago...
- Mary Castor: Hi, Just made these...What did I do wrong??? The...
- Kristen: This is so beautiful! :) I'm wanting to do somet...
- Lisa: Hi! I am doing a roundup of my favorite holiday t...
- Chante Drape: Dark chocolates and milk chocolates are the best. ...