Cookies and cream, in a cupcake. Delicious, chewy chocolate brownie cupcakes topped with cookies-and-cream buttercream, topped with a mini Oreo and, the pièce de résistance, an Oreo is baked right into the middle of the cupcake!
Blueberry pancakes. Fluffy, buttery and overflowing with little blue bursts of heaven. What’s not to love? Here’s a recipe for my fave, with buttermilk, a goodly touch of vanilla and, of course, lots of fresh blueberries.
I love looking at throwaway items – something that’s junk or just plain garbage – and reimaginingthem as something else entirely. It’s my favorite form of creativity, and I’ve done it most my life. I’m not too proud to say I’m a little bit happy that this sort of thing (you know, “recycling,” I suppose) [...]
Roasting red peppers is easy, I promise! The results are well worth the little effort it takes. And oh, the results. There’s nothing like the flavor of roasted red peppers that you made yourself. Trust me. Oh, and they make your house smell delicious. Gotta love that extra little bonus.
Nothing wrong with a little chocolate for breakfast, right?! This muffin recipe features the perennial favorite combo of banana and chocolate for a muffin everyone will adore.
This haupia recipe (or coconut pudding recipe) will forever remind me of this, my first trip to Hawaii. Hopefully it’ll whisk your tastebuds away, too … if only for five minutes.
This recipe for cornmeal drop biscuits is a winner. I especially love the satisfying, buttery crunch that the stone-ground cornmeal adds. Yum!
Delicious vanilla beans plus a little pour of Maker’s Mark bourbon makes for a Sweet Potato Pie recipe that is really out of this world.
The past couple of months, I’ve had the fabulous fortune of working at a really fun company, with some great (and talented) fellow writers, Darrah, J.T. and Liz (whose second book is coming out this spring; talented indeed). The four of us convened this weekend morning at Seattle’s Queen Mary, a wonderful tea room that, [...]
Crunchy, earthy and full of flavor, this granola recipe is easy and oh-so yummy. Adjust the seeds, nuts and dried fruit to make it your own. Sprinkle a little on some greek yogurt for a filling breakfast, throw some in a bag for an easy (and satisfying) snack or fill up a mason jar and give it away as a gift – if you can bring yourself to part with any, that is.
Friday, December 31, 2010 in Food
It’s the time of year for reflection, optimism, resolutions and top 10 lists! My grunting* guy and I decided to pick our top five and consolidate these into a list of our very favorite foods posted on The Hazel Bloom this past year. And here they are! *Grunting refers to gruntworthy – my guy, and [...]
These muffins are perfect for Christmas. They’re chockful of festive ingredients and flavors: Fresh cranberries, zucchini, apples, orange zest … top with a little orange-vanilla glaze and add red and green sprinkles and you’ve got just the thing for Christmas morning.
This gingerbread cookie recipe from Martha Stewart is a definite winner. Perfectly spiced gingerbread cut into tree shapes, then glazed with a little lemon and powdered sugar mixture and then sprinkled with coarse sugar for a little extra sparkle … this is one case where it’s okay to see the forest for the trees. (I never really understood what that meant, anyway.)
Behold: A portable a bread pudding recipe infused with all the wonderful flavors of hot buttered rum. Cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar, a little butter, and, of course, a little yo-ho-ho.
- Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake with Cinnamon Whipped Cream 7:00 AM
- Sweet, Spicy, and Savory Pumpkin Seeds 10:31 AM
- Iced Coffee 3:09 PM
- Hawaii & Haupia (Coconut Pudding) 11:05 PM
- Fresh Bing Cherry Ice Cream 1:17 PM
- Foodbuzz 24×24: A Simply Washington Thanksgiving 10:31 PM
- Sweet Potato Pie 8:48 AM
- Goodbye to The Hazel Bloom. Hello, Kitchen Treaty! 7:59 AM
- Junk to Treasure: 70′s Clock Turned Cool New Wall Art 3:11 PM
- Honey Rhubarb Brown Betty 11:03 AM
- Almond Poppyseed Shortbread Cookies 10:43 AM
- Deep Dark Hot Fudge Pudding Cake 10:51 AM
- Glazed Greek Yogurt Lemon Poppyseed Muffins 12:01 PM
- Glazed Vanilla Bean Cookies 8:56 AM
- Anne: I've just made two and they are absolutely adorabl...
- Sam: Kare, good luck to you. Your blog was the first th...
- Kare: Hi Angela! You left this comment nearly a year ago...
- Mary Castor: Hi, Just made these...What did I do wrong??? The...
- Kristen: This is so beautiful! :) I'm wanting to do somet...
- Lisa: Hi! I am doing a roundup of my favorite holiday t...
- Chante Drape: Dark chocolates and milk chocolates are the best. ...