This bark is a ridiculously easy candy recipe that’s perfect for supplementing your holiday cookie platters, or even tucked in a cute candy bag all by itself. It’s also an easy treat to quickly whip up when you’re craving something sweet and salty – and then you can keep it all for yourself. Not that I would ever do that.
This easy-to-assemble veggie frittata recipe makes use of leftover crudites, a party staple. We all end up with leftover veggies from the crudite platter – especially this time of year – so why not give ‘em a (delicious) second life at breakfast time?
The most basic of vegetarian stuffing recipes, made a little more special with a handful of sourdough bread thrown into the mix, along with caramelized onions and delicately-delicious chanterelle mushrooms. Yum.
I was thrilled, thrilled, thrilled to be selected as one of 24 food bloggers that gets to post about our Thanksgiving dinner – and I’ll even get a little moolah for it! Foodbuzz 24×24 is a monthly program from my ad network, Foodbuzz, featuring 24 bloggers and a special party or gathering that they hosted. [...]
Yet another thing that’s deceptively simple to whip up on your own: Homemade cranberry sauce. So much better than a can-shaped blob, this cranberry sauce recipe unites cranberries with a natural counterpart, apples. Add ground cinnamon and cloves, and not only will your turkey and stuffing have a delicious companion, but your house’ll smell divine, too.
If you’re looking for an easy and budget-friendly place card idea for Thanksgiving, look no further. All you need are crabapples with their perfectly long stems, some paper, tape, scissors, a pen, and about 15 minutes. (And they’re totally cute, too.)
Looking for the perfect pumpkin pancake recipe? I was, too. I tried about a gazillion versions before I came up with this one of my own. They’re so good; even better topped with caramel syrup and hazelnuts toasted to perfection.
Thursday, November 18, 2010 in Food
The most popular recipes in the first year at The Hazel Bloom. From Jalapeno Ouch Rolls to Drunken Pot Roast to Strawberry Mini Scones to mystery numero uno…
Make your own pumpkin puree! It’s easy and delicious – and freezes beautifully for pumpkin goodies all winter long. Here’s how to do it.
Ah, intentions. Such sweet, innocent things they can be. My good friend Laurie and I, along with her cute kiddos Cassidy and Isabel, set out to make turkey cupcakes yesterday. My idea, of course – I’m dorky like that. Not cupcakes made with turkey, mind you. Chocolate cupcakes frosted and decorated to look like turkeys. [...]
We’ve made it to day 10 of pure apple mayhem, a.k.a. Applepalooza! at The Hazel Bloom. Okay, okay, “pure apple mayhem” is a bit of an exaggeration. Here’s the real deal: For the past several days, I’ve posted an apple recipe every day. See, a couple of weekends ago, we drove over the mountains and [...]
Looking for a twist on your typical apple pie recipe? Apple Cranberry Crumble Pie is just different enough to be special – and it may just be the perfect holiday dessert. It’s certainly one of our faves.
Simple, easy Apple Mustard Dip is a great choice for when you’re looking for quick appetizer recipes. Sweet and spicy apple butter, tangy mustard, and thyme are absolutely perfect with sharp cheddar and apple dippers.
You’ll have this easy apple crisp recipe together and in the oven in less than 15 minutes. Sadly, I can scarf down my deliciously sweet and buttery-crisp portion in considerably less time than that…
- Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake with Cinnamon Whipped Cream 7:00 AM
- Sweet, Spicy, and Savory Pumpkin Seeds 10:31 AM
- Iced Coffee 3:09 PM
- Hawaii & Haupia (Coconut Pudding) 11:05 PM
- Fresh Bing Cherry Ice Cream 1:17 PM
- Foodbuzz 24×24: A Simply Washington Thanksgiving 10:31 PM
- Sweet Potato Pie 8:48 AM
- Goodbye to The Hazel Bloom. Hello, Kitchen Treaty! 7:59 AM
- Junk to Treasure: 70′s Clock Turned Cool New Wall Art 3:11 PM
- Honey Rhubarb Brown Betty 11:03 AM
- Almond Poppyseed Shortbread Cookies 10:43 AM
- Deep Dark Hot Fudge Pudding Cake 10:51 AM
- Glazed Greek Yogurt Lemon Poppyseed Muffins 12:01 PM
- Glazed Vanilla Bean Cookies 8:56 AM
- Anne: I've just made two and they are absolutely adorabl...
- Sam: Kare, good luck to you. Your blog was the first th...
- Kare: Hi Angela! You left this comment nearly a year ago...
- Mary Castor: Hi, Just made these...What did I do wrong??? The...
- Kristen: This is so beautiful! :) I'm wanting to do somet...
- Lisa: Hi! I am doing a roundup of my favorite holiday t...
- Chante Drape: Dark chocolates and milk chocolates are the best. ...