We’ve made it to day 10 of pure apple mayhem, a.k.a. Applepalooza! at The Hazel Bloom. Okay, okay, “pure apple mayhem” is a bit of an exaggeration. Here’s the real deal: For the past several days, I’ve posted an apple recipe every day. See, a couple of weekends ago, we drove over the mountains and [...]
Looking for a twist on your typical apple pie recipe? Apple Cranberry Crumble Pie is just different enough to be special – and it may just be the perfect holiday dessert. It’s certainly one of our faves.
Simple, easy Apple Mustard Dip is a great choice for when you’re looking for quick appetizer recipes. Sweet and spicy apple butter, tangy mustard, and thyme are absolutely perfect with sharp cheddar and apple dippers.
You’ll have this easy apple crisp recipe together and in the oven in less than 15 minutes. Sadly, I can scarf down my deliciously sweet and buttery-crisp portion in considerably less time than that…
Apple butter is essentially applesauce cooked (and cooked and cooked) until it’s a beautiful spreading consistency. This apple butter recipe, Sweet Spiced Apple Butter, starts with whole spices, orange juice, and fresh Washington apples. It makes a phenomenal spread for toast, muffins, pancakes, and even a savory sweet dip I’ll be sharing later on during this Applepalooza! thing.
This Zucchini Apple Muffins recipe is my new favorite. Packed with healthy stuff like zucchini, apple, and oatmeal, they’re not too bad for you either.
This healthy side dish is a new fave. Butternut squash and apple are natural partners; the sherry-glazed leeks and Parmesan elevate it to perfection.
Store-bought applesauce doesn’t hold a candle to homemade applesauce. Other than the fact that homemade tastes phenomenal, sometimes you don’t even need to add any sugar to the recipe – bonus! Make a little to eat, and a lot of applesauce for canning, and then enjoy it all winter. Oh, and of course it makes a terrific substitute for oil in some muffin and cakes recipes for when you’re watching your fat intake.
The first of several apple recipes for Applepalooza!, This wonderful little skillet cake has quickly become one of my favorite apple recipes. Easy enough to whip up for an everyday treat – yet still pretty enough to serve as an impressive Thanksgiving dessert – Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake boasts delicious caramelized brown-sugar-coated apples atop a buttery, moist cake. When plopped with a bit of Cinnamon Whipped Cream, we’re talking apple dessert perfection.
- Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake with Cinnamon Whipped Cream 7:00 AM
- Sweet, Spicy, and Savory Pumpkin Seeds 10:31 AM
- Iced Coffee 3:09 PM
- Hawaii & Haupia (Coconut Pudding) 11:05 PM
- Fresh Bing Cherry Ice Cream 1:17 PM
- Foodbuzz 24×24: A Simply Washington Thanksgiving 10:31 PM
- Sweet Potato Pie 8:48 AM
- Goodbye to The Hazel Bloom. Hello, Kitchen Treaty! 7:59 AM
- Junk to Treasure: 70′s Clock Turned Cool New Wall Art 3:11 PM
- Honey Rhubarb Brown Betty 11:03 AM
- Almond Poppyseed Shortbread Cookies 10:43 AM
- Deep Dark Hot Fudge Pudding Cake 10:51 AM
- Glazed Greek Yogurt Lemon Poppyseed Muffins 12:01 PM
- Glazed Vanilla Bean Cookies 8:56 AM
- Anne: I've just made two and they are absolutely adorabl...
- Sam: Kare, good luck to you. Your blog was the first th...
- Kare: Hi Angela! You left this comment nearly a year ago...
- Mary Castor: Hi, Just made these...What did I do wrong??? The...
- Kristen: This is so beautiful! :) I'm wanting to do somet...
- Lisa: Hi! I am doing a roundup of my favorite holiday t...
- Chante Drape: Dark chocolates and milk chocolates are the best. ...