Drink your vitamins! This simple recipe for a green smoothie brings spinach and blueberries together with nonfat Greek yogurt, banana, orange juice and honey for a delicious and healthy drink.
Blueberry pancakes. Fluffy, buttery and overflowing with little blue bursts of heaven. What’s not to love? Here’s a recipe for my fave, with buttermilk, a goodly touch of vanilla and, of course, lots of fresh blueberries.
The bittersweet truth is, fall is pretty much here – and I, for one, am feeling it. In fact, I’ve just about given in. I’ve been thinking about pumpkin recipes. I lit an apple candle. I even found myself brewing up some chili in the crock pot a couple days ago.
But in one last-ditch attempt to hold on to the sunny joy of our too-short Seattle summer, I took my two youngest nephews to the blueberry farm [...]
Tart-sweet blueberries, as it turns out, are the perfect complement to gooseberries. Together, they make a sweet, flavorful and simply stunning magenta jam that’ll knock your Crocs off. And because gooseberries are naturally high in pectin, you can leave your box of the stuff in the cupboard. It thickens up beautifully on its own.
I’m kind of into the dorky over-the-top holiday themed stuff. If you were around here for Halloween goodies like Deviled Egg Eyes and Witch’s Finger Breadsticks, you know what I’m talking about. I know I’m a dork. I own it, for the most part. Sometimes I think it would be cooler to be, well, cool [...]
This recipe can now be found on my new blog, Kitchen Treaty – the direct link is below. It is no longer available on The Hazel Bloom. I’m very sorry for the inconvenience, but I do hope you come on over to see Kitchen Treaty. It’s a food blog (and my new labor of love!) [...]
- Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake with Cinnamon Whipped Cream 7:00 AM
- Sweet, Spicy, and Savory Pumpkin Seeds 10:31 AM
- Iced Coffee 3:09 PM
- Hawaii & Haupia (Coconut Pudding) 11:05 PM
- Fresh Bing Cherry Ice Cream 1:17 PM
- Foodbuzz 24×24: A Simply Washington Thanksgiving 10:31 PM
- Sweet Potato Pie 8:48 AM
- Goodbye to The Hazel Bloom. Hello, Kitchen Treaty! 7:59 AM
- Junk to Treasure: 70′s Clock Turned Cool New Wall Art 3:11 PM
- Honey Rhubarb Brown Betty 11:03 AM
- Almond Poppyseed Shortbread Cookies 10:43 AM
- Deep Dark Hot Fudge Pudding Cake 10:51 AM
- Glazed Greek Yogurt Lemon Poppyseed Muffins 12:01 PM
- Glazed Vanilla Bean Cookies 8:56 AM
- Anne: I've just made two and they are absolutely adorabl...
- Sam: Kare, good luck to you. Your blog was the first th...
- Kare: Hi Angela! You left this comment nearly a year ago...
- Mary Castor: Hi, Just made these...What did I do wrong??? The...
- Kristen: This is so beautiful! :) I'm wanting to do somet...
- Lisa: Hi! I am doing a roundup of my favorite holiday t...
- Chante Drape: Dark chocolates and milk chocolates are the best. ...