Colorful, full of flavor and packed full of warm spices. When topped with delicious Cinnamon-Honey Butter it’s breakfast nirvana, equally appropriate for company and kiddos.
They’re hearty and tangy and perfect for that lazy morning after Thanksgiving. And ridiculously easy to whip up, to boot!
The perfect companion to coffee or tea for a late weekend-morning breakfast. Orange zest, ground cloves and vanilla illuminate the sweet punches of special greengage plums (but any plum will do).
These delectable muffins are tender and bursting with bright bites of fruit. The crumb topping just adds to the experience. Perfect for a special breakfast with the fam.
This almond waffles recipe is a little different, but in a good way. Super buttery and deliciously golden, the almond flour and extract add sweet, subtle nutty flavor while the toasted almonds on top give it nice satisfying crunch. Oh, and I talk about our golden retriever puppy, Daisy, too. Lord help us.
Nothing wrong with a little chocolate for breakfast, right?! This muffin recipe features the perennial favorite combo of banana and chocolate for a muffin everyone will adore.
This recipe for cornmeal drop biscuits is a winner. I especially love the satisfying, buttery crunch that the stone-ground cornmeal adds. Yum!
Crunchy, earthy and full of flavor, this granola recipe is easy and oh-so yummy. Adjust the seeds, nuts and dried fruit to make it your own. Sprinkle a little on some greek yogurt for a filling breakfast, throw some in a bag for an easy (and satisfying) snack or fill up a mason jar and give it away as a gift – if you can bring yourself to part with any, that is.
These muffins are perfect for Christmas. They’re chockful of festive ingredients and flavors: Fresh cranberries, zucchini, apples, orange zest … top with a little orange-vanilla glaze and add red and green sprinkles and you’ve got just the thing for Christmas morning.
This easy-to-assemble veggie frittata recipe makes use of leftover crudites, a party staple. We all end up with leftover veggies from the crudite platter – especially this time of year – so why not give ‘em a (delicious) second life at breakfast time?
Applesauce Pancakes? Oh yeah. Apple Cider Syrup? Oooooooh yeah. Kid-friendly and gruntworthy, this Applesauce Pancake recipe is easy to whip up, and is absolutely delicious, especially topped with the also-easy Apple Cider Syrup.
These muffins have the most amazing crown – and they taste terrific, too. The pureed pumpkin helps keep the spiced batter moist; the brown sugar and maple syrup kiss the muffins with just the right amount of sweetness – not too much, though, because you’ve got Cinnamon Maple Glaze going on, too. Oh yeah.
Rich. Sweet. Buttery. Buttermilk Caramel Sauce is a caramel sauce recipe like no other. I prefer it as an ice cream topping, but many call this stuff “buttermilk syrup” and have it over waffles and pancakes for breakfast. Caramel for breakfast?! I’m totally in.
You gotta love a dish that's easier than it looks – and in my ever-so-humble opinion, this frittata is no exception. And I love that even the word "frittata" sounds a little fancy. Or maybe that's just me. This particular frittata is simple – made with just a few ingredients – and it's really delicious. [...]
- Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake with Cinnamon Whipped Cream 7:00 AM
- Sweet, Spicy, and Savory Pumpkin Seeds 10:31 AM
- Iced Coffee 3:09 PM
- Hawaii & Haupia (Coconut Pudding) 11:05 PM
- Fresh Bing Cherry Ice Cream 1:17 PM
- Foodbuzz 24×24: A Simply Washington Thanksgiving 10:31 PM
- Sweet Potato Pie 8:48 AM
- Goodbye to The Hazel Bloom. Hello, Kitchen Treaty! 7:59 AM
- Junk to Treasure: 70′s Clock Turned Cool New Wall Art 3:11 PM
- Honey Rhubarb Brown Betty 11:03 AM
- Almond Poppyseed Shortbread Cookies 10:43 AM
- Deep Dark Hot Fudge Pudding Cake 10:51 AM
- Glazed Greek Yogurt Lemon Poppyseed Muffins 12:01 PM
- Glazed Vanilla Bean Cookies 8:56 AM
- Anne: I've just made two and they are absolutely adorabl...
- Sam: Kare, good luck to you. Your blog was the first th...
- Kare: Hi Angela! You left this comment nearly a year ago...
- Mary Castor: Hi, Just made these...What did I do wrong??? The...
- Kristen: This is so beautiful! :) I'm wanting to do somet...
- Lisa: Hi! I am doing a roundup of my favorite holiday t...
- Chante Drape: Dark chocolates and milk chocolates are the best. ...