Magical things happen when you bake this deep, dark hot fudge pudding cake. A rich, gooey cake forms on the top, and a warm, melty, dark, fudgy sauce forms on the bottom. Serve with ice cream and life is complete.
Chocolate chips + oatmeal cookies are good. Raisins + oatmeal cookies are good. So I thought, how about chocolate-covered raisins in oatmeal cookies? Also good, as it turns out. Really good. Especially when you use the dark chocolate Raisinets, but regular Raisinets do just fine too.
Divine chocolate, of course, enhanced with tons of ground cinnamon and then flecked with delicious little grains of Fleur de sel for that turbo-boost of flavor that only salt can give to chocolate.
Rich, decadent chocolate brownies topped with a nice, thick, minty layer of sweet icing unabashedly spiked with green food coloring, and then sprinkled with mini chocolate chips. Chocolate on mint on chocolate.
So easy. Segments of oranges dipped in rich, dark chocolate and spiked with flakes of Fleur de sel … it totally works.
The cupcake is reminiscent of a Toll House Cookie bar, but, you know, in cupcake form. Ooey, chewy, gooey, chocolate chippy goodness. And the buttercream … oh my. Lots of brown sugar, a hit of vanilla, a pinch of salt to take it over the top.
Chewy, gooey, oozing with chocolate. Step-by-step recipe with photos for Espresso Double Chocolate Chip Cookies, heavy on chocolate and caffeinated to boot.
Dang delicious and really kind of fun to make. They’re like big chocolate chip cookies on steroids (the good kind, if there’s a good kind), beefed up with rolled oats, flaked coconut and a touch of cinnamon. Hearty and delicious.
Sweet and salty = yum! As far as easy treats go, these are insanely so. Put down a pretzel, add a Hershey’s kiss, melt the kiss a little and then plop an M&M on top.
This yummy homemade candy cane hot cocoa mix makes the perfect gift for everyone on your “nice” list. Dark chocolate adds depth, crushed candy canes give it a minty twist and the white chocolate rounds it all out. It comes together incredibly quickly with the help of a food processor.
With only five ingredients (six if you add the sprinkles), Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls are a simple, easy goodie that come together in no time at all and will undoubtedly disappear equally quickly. But don’t worry; smiles (and quite possibly recipe requests) will be left behind.
Nothing wrong with a little chocolate for breakfast, right?! This muffin recipe features the perennial favorite combo of banana and chocolate for a muffin everyone will adore.
This bark is a ridiculously easy candy recipe that’s perfect for supplementing your holiday cookie platters, or even tucked in a cute candy bag all by itself. It’s also an easy treat to quickly whip up when you’re craving something sweet and salty – and then you can keep it all for yourself. Not that I would ever do that.
July is National Ice Cream Month.
Don’t get me wrong – celebrating ice cream is an idea I can get behind – but I have to wonder, who comes up with these things? It’s the special days that really get me. For instance, today is I Forgot Day. How do you celebrate this (other than with my general absentmindedness that needs no special day)? [...]
- Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake with Cinnamon Whipped Cream 7:00 AM
- Sweet, Spicy, and Savory Pumpkin Seeds 10:31 AM
- Iced Coffee 3:09 PM
- Hawaii & Haupia (Coconut Pudding) 11:05 PM
- Fresh Bing Cherry Ice Cream 1:17 PM
- Foodbuzz 24×24: A Simply Washington Thanksgiving 10:31 PM
- Sweet Potato Pie 8:48 AM
- Goodbye to The Hazel Bloom. Hello, Kitchen Treaty! 7:59 AM
- Junk to Treasure: 70′s Clock Turned Cool New Wall Art 3:11 PM
- Honey Rhubarb Brown Betty 11:03 AM
- Almond Poppyseed Shortbread Cookies 10:43 AM
- Deep Dark Hot Fudge Pudding Cake 10:51 AM
- Glazed Greek Yogurt Lemon Poppyseed Muffins 12:01 PM
- Glazed Vanilla Bean Cookies 8:56 AM
- Anne: I've just made two and they are absolutely adorabl...
- Sam: Kare, good luck to you. Your blog was the first th...
- Kare: Hi Angela! You left this comment nearly a year ago...
- Mary Castor: Hi, Just made these...What did I do wrong??? The...
- Kristen: This is so beautiful! :) I'm wanting to do somet...
- Lisa: Hi! I am doing a roundup of my favorite holiday t...
- Chante Drape: Dark chocolates and milk chocolates are the best. ...