We’re talking white chocolate and Oreo cookies, all mushed together and made into a heavenly bark. Easy, delicious and festive.
This yummy homemade candy cane hot cocoa mix makes the perfect gift for everyone on your “nice” list. Dark chocolate adds depth, crushed candy canes give it a minty twist and the white chocolate rounds it all out. It comes together incredibly quickly with the help of a food processor.
With only five ingredients (six if you add the sprinkles), Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls are a simple, easy goodie that come together in no time at all and will undoubtedly disappear equally quickly. But don’t worry; smiles (and quite possibly recipe requests) will be left behind.
From stocking stuffers to “the big kahuna,” it’s easy to whip up a gift that any baking lover will adore. Here are a few delicious ideas!
Delicious vanilla beans plus a little pour of Maker’s Mark bourbon makes for a Sweet Potato Pie recipe that is really out of this world.
This gingerbread cookie recipe from Martha Stewart is a definite winner. Perfectly spiced gingerbread cut into tree shapes, then glazed with a little lemon and powdered sugar mixture and then sprinkled with coarse sugar for a little extra sparkle … this is one case where it’s okay to see the forest for the trees. (I never really understood what that meant, anyway.)
This bark is a ridiculously easy candy recipe that’s perfect for supplementing your holiday cookie platters, or even tucked in a cute candy bag all by itself. It’s also an easy treat to quickly whip up when you’re craving something sweet and salty – and then you can keep it all for yourself. Not that I would ever do that.
Whatever you do this holiday or who you spend it with, I hope you and yours have a truly wonderful time – and lots of fun! xoxo,Kare
I have a new and vivid fascination with champagne cocktails. An elegant champagne flute, some bubbly, a little flavoring, maybe a touch of fruit, and you've got perfect party fare. And endless possibilities. I've yet to try the most classic iteration, with bitters and a sugar cube, but you can bet your strawberry I'll be [...]
Even though I always manage to spend about a gazillion dollars this time of year, I still get excited by doing some things – like decorations – on the cheap. I know, I’m easily entertained. What is that saying? “Blessed is he who can laugh at himself, for he shall never cease to be amused”? [...]
This easy, delicious, candy slash cookie is made with… you ready? Saltine crackers! Yup. With the whole salted caramel mania these past couple of years, it's sort of understandable. Pine Bark is basically caramel over saltine crackers, slathered with chocolate. The crackers add a crazy good texture and a perfect hit of salt. I know, [...]
The holidays are the perfect time of year to express yourself. To let someone know you're thinking of them. To help make people smile. To wish a perfect stranger well. I found a cute way to spread a little more Christmas cheer around the house – all you need is a stamp set with the [...]
As I’m sure most people do, I have a set list of must-bake cookies I have to make at Christmastime every year. Along with the Dolly Parton’s Sugar Cookies I blogged about last week, there's pine bark, peppermint bark, and angel bars. And most definitely, a big bunch of secret kiss cookies are an absolute [...]
Christmas just isn't Christmas without a wreath on the front door, am I right? Okay, maybe that's a little rigid, but wreaths are just so dang festive – so perfect for the holidays – and when they're fresh, they smell so nice and piney. I love when they're just simple – fresh and green – [...]
- Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake with Cinnamon Whipped Cream 7:00 AM
- Sweet, Spicy, and Savory Pumpkin Seeds 10:31 AM
- Iced Coffee 3:09 PM
- Hawaii & Haupia (Coconut Pudding) 11:05 PM
- Fresh Bing Cherry Ice Cream 1:17 PM
- Foodbuzz 24×24: A Simply Washington Thanksgiving 10:31 PM
- Sweet Potato Pie 8:48 AM
- Goodbye to The Hazel Bloom. Hello, Kitchen Treaty! 7:59 AM
- Junk to Treasure: 70′s Clock Turned Cool New Wall Art 3:11 PM
- Honey Rhubarb Brown Betty 11:03 AM
- Almond Poppyseed Shortbread Cookies 10:43 AM
- Deep Dark Hot Fudge Pudding Cake 10:51 AM
- Glazed Greek Yogurt Lemon Poppyseed Muffins 12:01 PM
- Glazed Vanilla Bean Cookies 8:56 AM
- Anne: I've just made two and they are absolutely adorabl...
- Sam: Kare, good luck to you. Your blog was the first th...
- Kare: Hi Angela! You left this comment nearly a year ago...
- Mary Castor: Hi, Just made these...What did I do wrong??? The...
- Kristen: This is so beautiful! :) I'm wanting to do somet...
- Lisa: Hi! I am doing a roundup of my favorite holiday t...
- Chante Drape: Dark chocolates and milk chocolates are the best. ...