Sweet, nutty poppyseeds. Crunchy almondy goodness. Buttery shortbread. Bad photos. Good cookies.
These delicious morsels are a celebration of all that is vanilla. The sweet vanilla-bean-specked glaze coats a buttery soft cookie made with vanilla sugar (very easy to make) and vanilla extract for a double dose of the heady stuff. Melt-in-your-mouth goodness, I’m telling ya.
Chocolate chips + oatmeal cookies are good. Raisins + oatmeal cookies are good. So I thought, how about chocolate-covered raisins in oatmeal cookies? Also good, as it turns out. Really good. Especially when you use the dark chocolate Raisinets, but regular Raisinets do just fine too.
These crazy, delicious green cookies inspired by none other than the famous McD’s Shamrock Shake. We’re talking buttery green-hued shortbread flavored with vanilla and mint. Atop the cookie lies the best part – the minty buttercream, liberally flavored with vanilla and mint. And then naturally, a maraschino cherry on top.
Chewy, gooey, oozing with chocolate. Step-by-step recipe with photos for Espresso Double Chocolate Chip Cookies, heavy on chocolate and caffeinated to boot.
Dang delicious and really kind of fun to make. They’re like big chocolate chip cookies on steroids (the good kind, if there’s a good kind), beefed up with rolled oats, flaked coconut and a touch of cinnamon. Hearty and delicious.
This gingerbread cookie recipe from Martha Stewart is a definite winner. Perfectly spiced gingerbread cut into tree shapes, then glazed with a little lemon and powdered sugar mixture and then sprinkled with coarse sugar for a little extra sparkle … this is one case where it’s okay to see the forest for the trees. (I never really understood what that meant, anyway.)
This recipe can now be found on my new blog, Kitchen Treaty – the direct link is below. It is no longer available on The Hazel Bloom. I’m very sorry for the inconvenience, but I do hope you come on over to see Kitchen Treaty. It’s a food blog (and my new labor of love!) [...]
Today seems like the perfect day for some good ol' easy and delicious drop cookies. Don't you agree? How about a big, thick, chewy, uber-chocolatey number that's like an inside-out chocolate chip cookie? Rich, yummy chocolate dough. Sweet white chocolate chips. Oh, these things are sinful. I apologize in advance. Reverse Chocolate Chip Cookies Adapted [...]
Is it weird that I love the Bob's Red Mill aisle at my local grocery store? Bags and bags of flours, oatmeal, seeds, grains… so many possibilities, I could browse for a long, long time. (Yes, I totally know it's weird. I don't even know why I asked.) Recently I picked up a bag of [...]
This easy, delicious, candy slash cookie is made with… you ready? Saltine crackers! Yup. With the whole salted caramel mania these past couple of years, it's sort of understandable. Pine Bark is basically caramel over saltine crackers, slathered with chocolate. The crackers add a crazy good texture and a perfect hit of salt. I know, [...]
I'm so new to this blog thing, that a month or so ago, I was thinking "12 Days of Christmas Cookies" would be a terrific, and, yes, novel idea. I was all gung ho about posting 12 of my very favorite cookie recipes all in a row. One of those recipes was going to be [...]
As I’m sure most people do, I have a set list of must-bake cookies I have to make at Christmastime every year. Along with the Dolly Parton’s Sugar Cookies I blogged about last week, there's pine bark, peppermint bark, and angel bars. And most definitely, a big bunch of secret kiss cookies are an absolute [...]
This variation of Dolly Parton's Sugar Cookie recipe is de-lish. The lemon filling complements the zest in the cookie dough for a bright and flavorful cookie. What is it about lemon in desserts? Lord oh lord. It's divine. You should try these. Really. Lemon Sandwich Cookies Yield: 5-6 dozen sandwich cookies Cookies (Dolly Parton's Sugar [...]
- Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake with Cinnamon Whipped Cream 7:00 AM
- Sweet, Spicy, and Savory Pumpkin Seeds 10:31 AM
- Iced Coffee 3:09 PM
- Hawaii & Haupia (Coconut Pudding) 11:05 PM
- Fresh Bing Cherry Ice Cream 1:17 PM
- Foodbuzz 24×24: A Simply Washington Thanksgiving 10:31 PM
- Sweet Potato Pie 8:48 AM
- Goodbye to The Hazel Bloom. Hello, Kitchen Treaty! 7:59 AM
- Junk to Treasure: 70′s Clock Turned Cool New Wall Art 3:11 PM
- Honey Rhubarb Brown Betty 11:03 AM
- Almond Poppyseed Shortbread Cookies 10:43 AM
- Deep Dark Hot Fudge Pudding Cake 10:51 AM
- Glazed Greek Yogurt Lemon Poppyseed Muffins 12:01 PM
- Glazed Vanilla Bean Cookies 8:56 AM
- Anne: I've just made two and they are absolutely adorabl...
- Sam: Kare, good luck to you. Your blog was the first th...
- Kare: Hi Angela! You left this comment nearly a year ago...
- Mary Castor: Hi, Just made these...What did I do wrong??? The...
- Kristen: This is so beautiful! :) I'm wanting to do somet...
- Lisa: Hi! I am doing a roundup of my favorite holiday t...
- Chante Drape: Dark chocolates and milk chocolates are the best. ...