Yes, they’re lumpy, bumpy and misshapen. But dang! These things are good. As scones go, they’re very tender and flaky – not dry at all. The tangerine glaze highlights the bright citrus zest along with the wonderful dried cranberries tucked throughout these bad boys.
They’re hearty and tangy and perfect for that lazy morning after Thanksgiving. And ridiculously easy to whip up, to boot!
These muffins are perfect for Christmas. They’re chockful of festive ingredients and flavors: Fresh cranberries, zucchini, apples, orange zest … top with a little orange-vanilla glaze and add red and green sprinkles and you’ve got just the thing for Christmas morning.
Yet another thing that’s deceptively simple to whip up on your own: Homemade cranberry sauce. So much better than a can-shaped blob, this cranberry sauce recipe unites cranberries with a natural counterpart, apples. Add ground cinnamon and cloves, and not only will your turkey and stuffing have a delicious companion, but your house’ll smell divine, too.
Looking for a twist on your typical apple pie recipe? Apple Cranberry Crumble Pie is just different enough to be special – and it may just be the perfect holiday dessert. It’s certainly one of our faves.
I'll just cut right to the chase this time: These fruit and nut scones are terrific. They're based on Alton Brown's scones recipe, just like the Mini Vanilla Scones I talked about last week. This, though, is my favorite iteration. They're chockful of yummy dried apricots, dried cranberries, and chopped pecans. Yum! So even though [...]
Here’s the truth. I’ve been avoiding posting this recipe, because the last time I made it and took pictures of the final product, the pictures really didn’t turn out. They didn’t do it justice. It’s tough to take great food pictures when there’s no daylight. Well, and when you’ve had two cosmopolitans. But it’s New [...]
One of my favorite hot cider recipes, Mulled Cranberry Cider is warming and delicious without being too sweet. With a little rum – or even some red wine, too – you’ve got yourself a winning holiday cocktail.
Sometimes I just don't know what to do to express a sentiment, other than bake someone something. In this case, a friend and coworker of mine is moving out of the state. I think it's going to be such a great thing for her and her family, but doggone it, I'm going to miss her! [...]
- Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake with Cinnamon Whipped Cream 7:00 AM
- Sweet, Spicy, and Savory Pumpkin Seeds 10:31 AM
- Iced Coffee 3:09 PM
- Hawaii & Haupia (Coconut Pudding) 11:05 PM
- Fresh Bing Cherry Ice Cream 1:17 PM
- Foodbuzz 24×24: A Simply Washington Thanksgiving 10:31 PM
- Sweet Potato Pie 8:48 AM
- Goodbye to The Hazel Bloom. Hello, Kitchen Treaty! 7:59 AM
- Junk to Treasure: 70′s Clock Turned Cool New Wall Art 3:11 PM
- Honey Rhubarb Brown Betty 11:03 AM
- Almond Poppyseed Shortbread Cookies 10:43 AM
- Deep Dark Hot Fudge Pudding Cake 10:51 AM
- Glazed Greek Yogurt Lemon Poppyseed Muffins 12:01 PM
- Glazed Vanilla Bean Cookies 8:56 AM
- Anne: I've just made two and they are absolutely adorabl...
- Sam: Kare, good luck to you. Your blog was the first th...
- Kare: Hi Angela! You left this comment nearly a year ago...
- Mary Castor: Hi, Just made these...What did I do wrong??? The...
- Kristen: This is so beautiful! :) I'm wanting to do somet...
- Lisa: Hi! I am doing a roundup of my favorite holiday t...
- Chante Drape: Dark chocolates and milk chocolates are the best. ...