Apple butter is essentially applesauce cooked (and cooked and cooked) until it’s a beautiful spreading consistency. This apple butter recipe, Sweet Spiced Apple Butter, starts with whole spices, orange juice, and fresh Washington apples. It makes a phenomenal spread for toast, muffins, pancakes, and even a savory sweet dip I’ll be sharing later on during this Applepalooza! thing.
Another recipe! Perfectly cooked apple cinnamon steel-cut oats, which, thanks to your Crock Pot, is cooked overnight right in the bowl. What do I think this thing is, a food blog or something?!
Well, yeah, kinda – I guess it practically is, especially these days. I’m definitely getting back into the swing of things around the house [...]
Some dinners lack a little, shall I say, class… but more than make up for it in tasty, dig-innable, comforting pure deliciousness.
I think we can all be pretty clear on which side we’ll find Crock Pot Easy Cheesy Chili Mac. Elegant it’s not. Yummy? Oooooh yes. It’s comfort food at its best, perfect for a blustery rainy night after a long, long day [...]
Last Friday, I invited a few friends over. And I made them Slow-Cooked BBQ Chicken Sandwiches. Here’s a photo. But before I talk anymore about the Slow-Cooked BBQ Chicken Sandwiches, I’m going to talk about something else. Pom-poms and great friends. I’m a DIY freak. So when it came to planning our wedding (less than [...]
The crock pot is a perfect instrument for a chick like me who doesn't actually eat meat, but still wants to make it (and make it well) on the rare occasion for carnivorous loved ones. For the most part, you just plop the hunk of meat in, leave it for several hours, and out comes [...]
It’s the time of year for spiced – and spiked, if you’re so inclined – apple cider! The kind of cider that warms you to your toes after searching for the perfect pumpkin or hiking around the muddy Christmas tree farm. The kind of cider that is a must-have during holiday get togethers. The kind [...]
I love, love, love my Crock Pot. I mean, how cool is it that you can throw a bunch of stuff in there in the morning, turn it on low, and come home to a delicious home-cooked dinner, all ready for you to dig in? By the way, have you seen this three-pot Crock Pot? Talk [...]
- Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake with Cinnamon Whipped Cream 7:00 AM
- Sweet, Spicy, and Savory Pumpkin Seeds 10:31 AM
- Iced Coffee 3:09 PM
- Hawaii & Haupia (Coconut Pudding) 11:05 PM
- Fresh Bing Cherry Ice Cream 1:17 PM
- Foodbuzz 24×24: A Simply Washington Thanksgiving 10:31 PM
- Sweet Potato Pie 8:48 AM
- Goodbye to The Hazel Bloom. Hello, Kitchen Treaty! 7:59 AM
- Junk to Treasure: 70′s Clock Turned Cool New Wall Art 3:11 PM
- Honey Rhubarb Brown Betty 11:03 AM
- Almond Poppyseed Shortbread Cookies 10:43 AM
- Deep Dark Hot Fudge Pudding Cake 10:51 AM
- Glazed Greek Yogurt Lemon Poppyseed Muffins 12:01 PM
- Glazed Vanilla Bean Cookies 8:56 AM
- Anne: I've just made two and they are absolutely adorabl...
- Sam: Kare, good luck to you. Your blog was the first th...
- Kare: Hi Angela! You left this comment nearly a year ago...
- Mary Castor: Hi, Just made these...What did I do wrong??? The...
- Kristen: This is so beautiful! :) I'm wanting to do somet...
- Lisa: Hi! I am doing a roundup of my favorite holiday t...
- Chante Drape: Dark chocolates and milk chocolates are the best. ...