Espresso-spiked cake makes for a very unique flavor. I’d never tasted a cupcake like it, but I loved it. The cake isn’t too sweet, in a good way. The light-as-a-cloud topper of Baileys-laden whipped cream is the perfect companion; sprinkle some instant espresso on top, and you’re good to go.
The cupcake is reminiscent of a Toll House Cookie bar, but, you know, in cupcake form. Ooey, chewy, gooey, chocolate chippy goodness. And the buttercream … oh my. Lots of brown sugar, a hit of vanilla, a pinch of salt to take it over the top.
Delicious, moist lemon-buttermilk cupcakes filled with good raspberry jam, topped with a simply amazing vanilla bean buttercream then plopped with a fresh raspberry to hint at what will be found inside.
Cookies and cream, in a cupcake. Delicious, chewy chocolate brownie cupcakes topped with cookies-and-cream buttercream, topped with a mini Oreo and, the pièce de résistance, an Oreo is baked right into the middle of the cupcake!
Ah, intentions. Such sweet, innocent things they can be. My good friend Laurie and I, along with her cute kiddos Cassidy and Isabel, set out to make turkey cupcakes yesterday. My idea, of course – I’m dorky like that. Not cupcakes made with turkey, mind you. Chocolate cupcakes frosted and decorated to look like turkeys. [...]
Monday, May 3, 2010 in Food
Two things I love: This Martha Stewart Cupcake Tree that my guy's coworkers gave us (along with a ton of other loot) for a surprise wedding shower (those folks rock!) And… and… the sinfully delicious Trophy Cupcakes that were on it. I've loved Trophy Cupcakes for years. This time, though, I tried the Salted Caramel [...]
How did this happen? Suddenly two days until Easter?! Amazing how, especially when life is crazy, holidays can just sneak up on you. Luckily, I was slightly prepared to create a little something special because of my shopping spree at Bake it Pretty a month or so ago. Along with at least one of just [...]
These Carrot Cupcakes, topped with Cream Cheese Frosting, are soooo good. And they're especially perfect for Easter. Though, I must confess, I'm not usually a carrot cake fan these days. I used to be, but something changed. When I was younger, certain foods exercised my gag reflex like, I don't know, Richard Simmons sweatin' to [...]
- Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake with Cinnamon Whipped Cream 7:00 AM
- Sweet, Spicy, and Savory Pumpkin Seeds 10:31 AM
- Iced Coffee 3:09 PM
- Hawaii & Haupia (Coconut Pudding) 11:05 PM
- Fresh Bing Cherry Ice Cream 1:17 PM
- Foodbuzz 24×24: A Simply Washington Thanksgiving 10:31 PM
- Sweet Potato Pie 8:48 AM
- Goodbye to The Hazel Bloom. Hello, Kitchen Treaty! 7:59 AM
- Junk to Treasure: 70′s Clock Turned Cool New Wall Art 3:11 PM
- Honey Rhubarb Brown Betty 11:03 AM
- Almond Poppyseed Shortbread Cookies 10:43 AM
- Deep Dark Hot Fudge Pudding Cake 10:51 AM
- Glazed Greek Yogurt Lemon Poppyseed Muffins 12:01 PM
- Glazed Vanilla Bean Cookies 8:56 AM
- Anne: I've just made two and they are absolutely adorabl...
- Sam: Kare, good luck to you. Your blog was the first th...
- Kare: Hi Angela! You left this comment nearly a year ago...
- Mary Castor: Hi, Just made these...What did I do wrong??? The...
- Kristen: This is so beautiful! :) I'm wanting to do somet...
- Lisa: Hi! I am doing a roundup of my favorite holiday t...
- Chante Drape: Dark chocolates and milk chocolates are the best. ...