Easy, inspired DIY flower wall art made with a craft-store canvas, scrapbook paper, glue gun and some Mod Podge. Make it in a day, enjoy it for years!
This turned out to be a great project when I was stuck at home. All you need for a generously-sized burp cloth are two 19-inch by 10-inch pieces of fabric. One side is best made of an absorbent material like cotton flannel; the other with woven cotton. For the absorbent side, along with some flannel scraps I had on hand, we used a discarded king-size chenille pillowcase, an old flannel receiving blanket and even a pair of rejected flannel pajama pants.
We repurposed, reused, DIYed, sanded and sewed our hearts out, creating our dream nursery on a budget. The only new piece of furniture in the room is the crib, which took up the bulk of our budget.
I love looking at throwaway items – something that’s junk or just plain garbage – and reimaginingthem as something else entirely. It’s my favorite form of creativity, and I’ve done it most my life. I’m not too proud to say I’m a little bit happy that this sort of thing (you know, “recycling,” I suppose) [...]
Over the next few weeks, I’ll be sharing many of the projects we tackled for our June 2010 wedding. This is the first blog story of several – I can’t wait to share with y’all all the fun, budget-friendly, DIY mayhem that went down! We were all about the DIY for our wedding, and tunes [...]
I'm all about the Do-It-Yourself for our upcoming wedding. And heck yes, I'm planning to share and share and share all our fun DIY wedding projects after the big day … but (except for today) not until after. (And afterwards is soon! This thing came faaast.) We finished one of our wedding favors this weekend [...]
- Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake with Cinnamon Whipped Cream 7:00 AM
- Sweet, Spicy, and Savory Pumpkin Seeds 10:31 AM
- Iced Coffee 3:09 PM
- Hawaii & Haupia (Coconut Pudding) 11:05 PM
- Fresh Bing Cherry Ice Cream 1:17 PM
- Foodbuzz 24×24: A Simply Washington Thanksgiving 10:31 PM
- Sweet Potato Pie 8:48 AM
- Goodbye to The Hazel Bloom. Hello, Kitchen Treaty! 7:59 AM
- Junk to Treasure: 70′s Clock Turned Cool New Wall Art 3:11 PM
- Honey Rhubarb Brown Betty 11:03 AM
- Almond Poppyseed Shortbread Cookies 10:43 AM
- Deep Dark Hot Fudge Pudding Cake 10:51 AM
- Glazed Greek Yogurt Lemon Poppyseed Muffins 12:01 PM
- Glazed Vanilla Bean Cookies 8:56 AM
- Anne: I've just made two and they are absolutely adorabl...
- Sam: Kare, good luck to you. Your blog was the first th...
- Kare: Hi Angela! You left this comment nearly a year ago...
- Mary Castor: Hi, Just made these...What did I do wrong??? The...
- Kristen: This is so beautiful! :) I'm wanting to do somet...
- Lisa: Hi! I am doing a roundup of my favorite holiday t...
- Chante Drape: Dark chocolates and milk chocolates are the best. ...