Simmer up a batch of thick, rich spiced pumpkin butter to spread on toast, add to oatmeal, stir into yogurt or give away as delicious gifts. It’s easy.
Delicious, easy caramel dip for apples. Only four ingredients, ten minutes to make and far more wholesome than that stuff you find in the store.
I was thrilled, thrilled, thrilled to be selected as one of 24 food bloggers that gets to post about our Thanksgiving dinner – and I’ll even get a little moolah for it! Foodbuzz 24×24 is a monthly program from my ad network, Foodbuzz, featuring 24 bloggers and a special party or gathering that they hosted. [...]
Looking for the perfect pumpkin pancake recipe? I was, too. I tried about a gazillion versions before I came up with this one of my own. They’re so good; even better topped with caramel syrup and hazelnuts toasted to perfection.
It’s easy and fun to make wholesome homemade dog treats. Pumpkin Dog Biscuits are the perfect fall “cookie” for your pooch – pureed pumpkin is packed with good-for-them (and us) stuff, and from what I can tell, dogs surprisingly love the stuff.
Leavenworth, Washington is a perfect destination for weekend getaway. It’s close enough to Seattle – just about 2 1/2 hours – to make a terrific day trip, too. We recently spent a weekend in this old-world Bavarian Alpine village, and had a blast wine tasting, eating (and more eating), and soaking in the gorgeous fall colors.
Sweet, Spicy, and Savory Pumpkin Seeds have been my go-to pumpkin seed recipe this year. They have a blissfully addicting – if not slightly (but deliciously) strange – combo of rosemary, cinnamon, cayenne and black peppers, and salt. And they’re especially perfect with a nice cold winter ale.
These muffins have the most amazing crown – and they taste terrific, too. The pureed pumpkin helps keep the spiced batter moist; the brown sugar and maple syrup kiss the muffins with just the right amount of sweetness – not too much, though, because you’ve got Cinnamon Maple Glaze going on, too. Oh yeah.
I’ve been feeling a little under the weather lately. Because of that, the kitchen here in The Hazel Bloom household has been taking a break, and the house has been without projects. It’s been a weird month. But for the most part, things are on the upswing. So brace yourself, kitchen! Because fall is here, [...]
I know, right? A whole pomegranate is intimidating. You know those delicious seeds must be in their somewhere, but how to get ‘em all out? Here’s how I do it.
Whoever named butternut squash was one smart cookie. Butter? Yum. Nut? Yum. Butter and nuts together? Yum yum. Of course, butternut squash doesn't taste remotely nutty or buttery. In fact, it's just pretty squashy. But it is a delicious squash in its own right. Two of my favorite fall dishes are Butternut Squash Soup and [...]
Gourds are a funky, colorful decoration for fall. Throw them in all their warty goodness into a fancy pedestal bowl for instant color, and a perfect table centerpiece. Put a one or two on a surface, along with some pumpkins and squash, to brighten up any corner. The little green striped one on the [...]
It’s the time of year for spiced – and spiked, if you’re so inclined – apple cider! The kind of cider that warms you to your toes after searching for the perfect pumpkin or hiking around the muddy Christmas tree farm. The kind of cider that is a must-have during holiday get togethers. The kind [...]
I saw this Red Crane Cabbage at the grocery store and fell in love. Huge silvery green and purple rose-like blooms bowing from foot-tall stems. Come to mama. Ornamental cabbage is a terrific annual for Pacific Northwest landscapes. It prefers the chill of fall and winter, so it's a great choice for adding color during [...]
- Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake with Cinnamon Whipped Cream 7:00 AM
- Sweet, Spicy, and Savory Pumpkin Seeds 10:31 AM
- Iced Coffee 3:09 PM
- Hawaii & Haupia (Coconut Pudding) 11:05 PM
- Fresh Bing Cherry Ice Cream 1:17 PM
- Foodbuzz 24×24: A Simply Washington Thanksgiving 10:31 PM
- Sweet Potato Pie 8:48 AM
- Goodbye to The Hazel Bloom. Hello, Kitchen Treaty! 7:59 AM
- Junk to Treasure: 70′s Clock Turned Cool New Wall Art 3:11 PM
- Honey Rhubarb Brown Betty 11:03 AM
- Almond Poppyseed Shortbread Cookies 10:43 AM
- Deep Dark Hot Fudge Pudding Cake 10:51 AM
- Glazed Greek Yogurt Lemon Poppyseed Muffins 12:01 PM
- Glazed Vanilla Bean Cookies 8:56 AM
- Anne: I've just made two and they are absolutely adorabl...
- Sam: Kare, good luck to you. Your blog was the first th...
- Kare: Hi Angela! You left this comment nearly a year ago...
- Mary Castor: Hi, Just made these...What did I do wrong??? The...
- Kristen: This is so beautiful! :) I'm wanting to do somet...
- Lisa: Hi! I am doing a roundup of my favorite holiday t...
- Chante Drape: Dark chocolates and milk chocolates are the best. ...