You may have noticed things have slowed down around here. Like, “slowed down” is an overstatement. More like ground to a halt. A few months back, I decided to start a new blog called Kitchen Treaty. The theme is one I’ve touched on occasionally here on The Hazel Bloom: vegetarians and meat-eaters CAN live together. [...]
An old gold plastic clock turned cool wall art with spray paint and scrapbook paper.
Honey gives the bread crumb tipping a sticky-crisp sweetness that complements the tart rhubarb perfectly in this brown betty. Top with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream for betty nirvana.
Sweet, nutty poppyseeds. Crunchy almondy goodness. Buttery shortbread. Bad photos. Good cookies.
Magical things happen when you bake this deep, dark hot fudge pudding cake. A rich, gooey cake forms on the top, and a warm, melty, dark, fudgy sauce forms on the bottom. Serve with ice cream and life is complete.
You’ll have this easy apple crisp recipe together and in the oven in less than 15 minutes. Sadly, I can scarf down my deliciously sweet and buttery-crisp portion in considerably less time than that…
Applesauce Pancakes? Oh yeah. Apple Cider Syrup? Oooooooh yeah. Kid-friendly and gruntworthy, this Applesauce Pancake recipe is easy to whip up, and is absolutely delicious, especially topped with the also-easy Apple Cider Syrup.
This Zucchini Apple Muffins recipe is my new favorite. Packed with healthy stuff like zucchini, apple, and oatmeal, they’re not too bad for you either.
It’s easy and fun to make wholesome homemade dog treats. Pumpkin Dog Biscuits are the perfect fall “cookie” for your pooch – pureed pumpkin is packed with good-for-them (and us) stuff, and from what I can tell, dogs surprisingly love the stuff.
Not gonna lie, here. I had a heck of a time coming up with a Jack O’Lantern idea this year. Last year, my choice of Owl O’Lantern was clear – my obsession with owls had hit an all-time high, so creating my own rotund orange number was a no brainer. This year, I just wasn’t [...]
- Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake with Cinnamon Whipped Cream 7:00 AM
- Sweet, Spicy, and Savory Pumpkin Seeds 10:31 AM
- Iced Coffee 3:09 PM
- Hawaii & Haupia (Coconut Pudding) 11:05 PM
- Fresh Bing Cherry Ice Cream 1:17 PM
- Foodbuzz 24×24: A Simply Washington Thanksgiving 10:31 PM
- Sweet Potato Pie 8:48 AM
- Goodbye to The Hazel Bloom. Hello, Kitchen Treaty! 7:59 AM
- Junk to Treasure: 70′s Clock Turned Cool New Wall Art 3:11 PM
- Honey Rhubarb Brown Betty 11:03 AM
- Almond Poppyseed Shortbread Cookies 10:43 AM
- Deep Dark Hot Fudge Pudding Cake 10:51 AM
- Glazed Greek Yogurt Lemon Poppyseed Muffins 12:01 PM
- Glazed Vanilla Bean Cookies 8:56 AM
- Anne: I've just made two and they are absolutely adorabl...
- Sam: Kare, good luck to you. Your blog was the first th...
- Kare: Hi Angela! You left this comment nearly a year ago...
- Mary Castor: Hi, Just made these...What did I do wrong??? The...
- Kristen: This is so beautiful! :) I'm wanting to do somet...
- Lisa: Hi! I am doing a roundup of my favorite holiday t...
- Chante Drape: Dark chocolates and milk chocolates are the best. ...