I'm into moss right now. I know it's sort of a weird thing to be into, but as a Pacific Northwest native, I guess it does make sense. It practically grows on us in the winter. Really, I'm into moss because of its woodsy and whimsical vibe, its wonderful texture, its beautiful shades of green. [...]
Spring has sprung in Seattle. In fact, spring has been springing for the better part of a month now. Daffs have been blooming for weeks, rhodies are starting to show some colors, and the cherry blossoms are full-on. While last year, we had the rarest blizzard ever and were snowed in by a good two [...]
They weren't horrible before or anything. Medium brownish wood, black pleather tops. Pretty unassuming. They didn't know it, but they actually needed me. The truth is, they were bored. So I gave them a new lease… or seat… on life. (I know, a bit of a stretch with the pun there, and darn corny too. [...]
Even though I always manage to spend about a gazillion dollars this time of year, I still get excited by doing some things – like decorations – on the cheap. I know, I’m easily entertained. What is that saying? “Blessed is he who can laugh at himself, for he shall never cease to be amused”? [...]
The holidays are the perfect time of year to express yourself. To let someone know you're thinking of them. To help make people smile. To wish a perfect stranger well. I found a cute way to spread a little more Christmas cheer around the house – all you need is a stamp set with the [...]
Christmas just isn't Christmas without a wreath on the front door, am I right? Okay, maybe that's a little rigid, but wreaths are just so dang festive – so perfect for the holidays – and when they're fresh, they smell so nice and piney. I love when they're just simple – fresh and green – [...]
I bought these at Macy's. I had to. They're darling. Polka dots and gingerbread men! You can't tell here, but there are green ones and red ones. So then I had to, I just had to, make little lampshades out of 'em. You may recall when I did this for Halloween. Well, I pulled the [...]
It's amazing how, when you put something behind a picture frame, it can look like a framed print that was always meant to be on your wall. In this case, I picked up a sheet of Cavallini & Co. decorative wrap while taking in all the delicious stationary, home decor, kitchen, and one-of-a-kind clothing items [...]
- Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake with Cinnamon Whipped Cream 7:00 AM
- Sweet, Spicy, and Savory Pumpkin Seeds 10:31 AM
- Iced Coffee 3:09 PM
- Hawaii & Haupia (Coconut Pudding) 11:05 PM
- Fresh Bing Cherry Ice Cream 1:17 PM
- Foodbuzz 24×24: A Simply Washington Thanksgiving 10:31 PM
- Sweet Potato Pie 8:48 AM
- Goodbye to The Hazel Bloom. Hello, Kitchen Treaty! 7:59 AM
- Junk to Treasure: 70′s Clock Turned Cool New Wall Art 3:11 PM
- Honey Rhubarb Brown Betty 11:03 AM
- Almond Poppyseed Shortbread Cookies 10:43 AM
- Deep Dark Hot Fudge Pudding Cake 10:51 AM
- Glazed Greek Yogurt Lemon Poppyseed Muffins 12:01 PM
- Glazed Vanilla Bean Cookies 8:56 AM
- Anne: I've just made two and they are absolutely adorabl...
- Sam: Kare, good luck to you. Your blog was the first th...
- Kare: Hi Angela! You left this comment nearly a year ago...
- Mary Castor: Hi, Just made these...What did I do wrong??? The...
- Kristen: This is so beautiful! :) I'm wanting to do somet...
- Lisa: Hi! I am doing a roundup of my favorite holiday t...
- Chante Drape: Dark chocolates and milk chocolates are the best. ...