As I'm sure you're well aware by now, last week we participated in the United Way of King County Hunger Challenge. The two of us ate on a mere $12 per day for five days. And we're not just talking about Top Ramen and Kraft mac and cheese. We did our very best to eat [...]
Friday, January 29, 2010 in Food
Woo hoo, we're almost there! Today's the last day of the Hunger Challenge. I guess my reports have been mostly optimistic, but I'd be lying if I said this experience was anything close to easy. I knew I was signing on for limited choices. I knew we'd have to plan very carefully, and stick to [...]
Thursday, January 28, 2010 in Food
Day 3 of the Hunger Challenge! We ate fairly well again today, but it was a bit more of an exercise in willpower – I worked from home, and that's usually an excuse to majorly graze. But grazing wasn't on the menu – if I were living off of food stamps, I likely wouldn't have [...]
Wednesday, January 27, 2010 in Food
Day 2 went pretty well. With a yummy breakfast smoothie, a big bowl of potato soup for lunch, and a surprisingly satisfying dinner which included a great quinoa dish I'll post later today, I think we did pretty well, all told. I must admit we went without the salad at dinnertime, and instead had two [...]
Tuesday, January 26, 2010 in Food
We made it through the first day of the hunger challenge! Whew! Granted, we're eating healthier – and less all around – so maybe I would have been hungry anyway, but, yeah. I was really sort of hungry yesterday. So much that I ate two little sweet pickles that weren't on the menu, but the [...]
Monday, January 25, 2010 in Food
It's Hunger Action Week, and we've decided to take United Way of King County Hunger Challenge. The challenge? For the two of us to eat, and eat well, on only $12 per day. Sound difficult? It is. And that's what so many people have to live on – it's based on the maximum food [...]
- Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake with Cinnamon Whipped Cream 7:00 AM
- Sweet, Spicy, and Savory Pumpkin Seeds 10:31 AM
- Iced Coffee 3:09 PM
- Hawaii & Haupia (Coconut Pudding) 11:05 PM
- Fresh Bing Cherry Ice Cream 1:17 PM
- Foodbuzz 24×24: A Simply Washington Thanksgiving 10:31 PM
- Sweet Potato Pie 8:48 AM
- Goodbye to The Hazel Bloom. Hello, Kitchen Treaty! 7:59 AM
- Junk to Treasure: 70′s Clock Turned Cool New Wall Art 3:11 PM
- Honey Rhubarb Brown Betty 11:03 AM
- Almond Poppyseed Shortbread Cookies 10:43 AM
- Deep Dark Hot Fudge Pudding Cake 10:51 AM
- Glazed Greek Yogurt Lemon Poppyseed Muffins 12:01 PM
- Glazed Vanilla Bean Cookies 8:56 AM
- Anne: I've just made two and they are absolutely adorabl...
- Sam: Kare, good luck to you. Your blog was the first th...
- Kare: Hi Angela! You left this comment nearly a year ago...
- Mary Castor: Hi, Just made these...What did I do wrong??? The...
- Kristen: This is so beautiful! :) I'm wanting to do somet...
- Lisa: Hi! I am doing a roundup of my favorite holiday t...
- Chante Drape: Dark chocolates and milk chocolates are the best. ...