This thing cost me $5 at a garage sale last Friday. Total shocker, right? I mean, it's in such pristine condition… I know, I know. Not. It's certainly a little worse for the wear, but it was the perfect size for our patio – where I wanted a cart or a table for drinks, BBQ [...]
Have I mentioned how much I love taking someone else's castoff and reimagining it in a completely new way? It's a fun way for anyone to tap into their creative sides, and also do something cool on the cheap. Plus it's all in vogue right now and stuff (and hopefully forever) – reduce, reuse, recycle, [...]
Hold up! Did you enter the $50 Sur La Table gift card giveaway? It ends tonight! Yes? Okay, great. I now return you to your regularly scheduled The Hazel Bloom. — This month's thrift store travels have not only been few and far between, but a little lean. I've been searching for very specific stuff, [...]
(Part 2, you say? Yup! Here's Part 1.) It's a slight crime that I don't remember where I got these, or how long ago it was, or where they've been all this time. But when was poking around the garage and found these in a box full of all kinds of other miscellany, I carried them inside [...]
My mom gives me her castoff magazines, and one of my favorite things in the whole world is coming away from a family visit with a bag full of Country Living, Cooking Light, Martha Stewart Living, and the newest addition, ReadyMade. What a cool magazine. It's grown-up crafting and home decor stuff with a heavy [...]
- Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake with Cinnamon Whipped Cream 7:00 AM
- Sweet, Spicy, and Savory Pumpkin Seeds 10:31 AM
- Iced Coffee 3:09 PM
- Hawaii & Haupia (Coconut Pudding) 11:05 PM
- Fresh Bing Cherry Ice Cream 1:17 PM
- Foodbuzz 24×24: A Simply Washington Thanksgiving 10:31 PM
- Sweet Potato Pie 8:48 AM
- Goodbye to The Hazel Bloom. Hello, Kitchen Treaty! 7:59 AM
- Junk to Treasure: 70′s Clock Turned Cool New Wall Art 3:11 PM
- Honey Rhubarb Brown Betty 11:03 AM
- Almond Poppyseed Shortbread Cookies 10:43 AM
- Deep Dark Hot Fudge Pudding Cake 10:51 AM
- Glazed Greek Yogurt Lemon Poppyseed Muffins 12:01 PM
- Glazed Vanilla Bean Cookies 8:56 AM
- Anne: I've just made two and they are absolutely adorabl...
- Sam: Kare, good luck to you. Your blog was the first th...
- Kare: Hi Angela! You left this comment nearly a year ago...
- Mary Castor: Hi, Just made these...What did I do wrong??? The...
- Kristen: This is so beautiful! :) I'm wanting to do somet...
- Lisa: Hi! I am doing a roundup of my favorite holiday t...
- Chante Drape: Dark chocolates and milk chocolates are the best. ...