Chocolate chips + oatmeal cookies are good. Raisins + oatmeal cookies are good. So I thought, how about chocolate-covered raisins in oatmeal cookies? Also good, as it turns out. Really good. Especially when you use the dark chocolate Raisinets, but regular Raisinets do just fine too.
Dang delicious and really kind of fun to make. They’re like big chocolate chip cookies on steroids (the good kind, if there’s a good kind), beefed up with rolled oats, flaked coconut and a touch of cinnamon. Hearty and delicious.
Raspberries, almonds and oatmeal, oh my! Along with a touch of delicious vanilla. When baked to perfection, it makes for a delicious, almost decadent breakfast.
These muffins have the most amazing crown – and they taste terrific, too. The pureed pumpkin helps keep the spiced batter moist; the brown sugar and maple syrup kiss the muffins with just the right amount of sweetness – not too much, though, because you’ve got Cinnamon Maple Glaze going on, too. Oh yeah.
Another recipe! Perfectly cooked apple cinnamon steel-cut oats, which, thanks to your Crock Pot, is cooked overnight right in the bowl. What do I think this thing is, a food blog or something?!
Well, yeah, kinda – I guess it practically is, especially these days. I’m definitely getting back into the swing of things around the house [...]
Sometimes I just don't know what to do to express a sentiment, other than bake someone something. In this case, a friend and coworker of mine is moving out of the state. I think it's going to be such a great thing for her and her family, but doggone it, I'm going to miss her! [...]
- Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake with Cinnamon Whipped Cream 7:00 AM
- Sweet, Spicy, and Savory Pumpkin Seeds 10:31 AM
- Iced Coffee 3:09 PM
- Hawaii & Haupia (Coconut Pudding) 11:05 PM
- Fresh Bing Cherry Ice Cream 1:17 PM
- Foodbuzz 24×24: A Simply Washington Thanksgiving 10:31 PM
- Sweet Potato Pie 8:48 AM
- Goodbye to The Hazel Bloom. Hello, Kitchen Treaty! 7:59 AM
- Junk to Treasure: 70′s Clock Turned Cool New Wall Art 3:11 PM
- Honey Rhubarb Brown Betty 11:03 AM
- Almond Poppyseed Shortbread Cookies 10:43 AM
- Deep Dark Hot Fudge Pudding Cake 10:51 AM
- Glazed Greek Yogurt Lemon Poppyseed Muffins 12:01 PM
- Glazed Vanilla Bean Cookies 8:56 AM
- Anne: I've just made two and they are absolutely adorabl...
- Sam: Kare, good luck to you. Your blog was the first th...
- Kare: Hi Angela! You left this comment nearly a year ago...
- Mary Castor: Hi, Just made these...What did I do wrong??? The...
- Kristen: This is so beautiful! :) I'm wanting to do somet...
- Lisa: Hi! I am doing a roundup of my favorite holiday t...
- Chante Drape: Dark chocolates and milk chocolates are the best. ...