This is one of those magical recipes that tastes way too special to take only 10 minutes, if that, to prepare. With vanilla, nutmeg, and the crunch of pecans scattered along the top, you can’t go wrong. Serve with pure maple syrup and the weekend just got even sweeter.
Usually my blog stories start with a silly anecdote or, you know, borderline-insane ramblings. Today, though, I’m drawing a blank. Which is sort of disconcerting. But I guess there’s nothing wrong with just getting to the point now and then, eh? Which actually really fits for the dish I’m sharing today – it’s simple, straightforward, no-muss-no-fuss. With just six ingredients [...]
I'll just cut right to the chase this time: These fruit and nut scones are terrific. They're based on Alton Brown's scones recipe, just like the Mini Vanilla Scones I talked about last week. This, though, is my favorite iteration. They're chockful of yummy dried apricots, dried cranberries, and chopped pecans. Yum! So even though [...]
I’ll just admit it straight up – I’m pretty proud of this concoction. It’s one of those “I’ve got this, this, and this in the pantry that I should use up – what can I make with it?” It just so happens that apricots, pecans, and white chocolate all go together very very well. So [...]
This one is perfect for a holiday morning when time is tight and something special is in order. Put it together the night before, then just pull it out of the fridge and bake up a sinfully delicious breakfast while you're off taking care of other things. We've also plopped a bit of vanilla ice [...]
- Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake with Cinnamon Whipped Cream 7:00 AM
- Sweet, Spicy, and Savory Pumpkin Seeds 10:31 AM
- Iced Coffee 3:09 PM
- Hawaii & Haupia (Coconut Pudding) 11:05 PM
- Fresh Bing Cherry Ice Cream 1:17 PM
- Foodbuzz 24×24: A Simply Washington Thanksgiving 10:31 PM
- Sweet Potato Pie 8:48 AM
- Goodbye to The Hazel Bloom. Hello, Kitchen Treaty! 7:59 AM
- Junk to Treasure: 70′s Clock Turned Cool New Wall Art 3:11 PM
- Honey Rhubarb Brown Betty 11:03 AM
- Almond Poppyseed Shortbread Cookies 10:43 AM
- Deep Dark Hot Fudge Pudding Cake 10:51 AM
- Glazed Greek Yogurt Lemon Poppyseed Muffins 12:01 PM
- Glazed Vanilla Bean Cookies 8:56 AM
- Anne: I've just made two and they are absolutely adorabl...
- Sam: Kare, good luck to you. Your blog was the first th...
- Kare: Hi Angela! You left this comment nearly a year ago...
- Mary Castor: Hi, Just made these...What did I do wrong??? The...
- Kristen: This is so beautiful! :) I'm wanting to do somet...
- Lisa: Hi! I am doing a roundup of my favorite holiday t...
- Chante Drape: Dark chocolates and milk chocolates are the best. ...