Sometimes I’m really ridiculously proud of something I’ve created. And that pride leads to me being a little obnoxious. Maybe a lot obnoxious, depending on how much you like me (or don’t). In this case, I took a photo of a flower out in the backyard, and within an hour it was up on my [...]
A couple of months ago, I got my big girl camera. A Canon Rebel T1i and oh, people. This thing is fun. I haven't done much with it yet. I can tweak here and there, but mostly I put my budget-friendly and so-worth-the-money 50mm f/1.8 lens on and just snap away. I can't wait to [...]
Allow me to introduce you, officially, to Tigger. Tigger is high. Tigger has officially discovered the catnip in the herb garden. He's even been fighting off other cats for the rights to his stash. (He's discovered that it's not easy to fight off doped up cats, however, so the key is to guard proactively [...]
I'm not sure I could state anything any more obvious than this, but: Seattle winters suck. Really suck. Gray. Dark gray. Drizzly. Soggy. Everything is a constant state of damp, for months on end. Don't get me wrong – much of spring, all of summer, and most of autumn more than make up for the [...]
I won! I won! I won Fine Gardening’s December WInter Gardens Photo Contest! I’m very excited, can you tell? Okay, so I was one of four winners, but still. And the other three winners’ photos were far better than mine, but still. My winning photo? This one. “Forgotten Tomato.” When I wrote about My Frosty [...]
Whatever you do this holiday or who you spend it with, I hope you and yours have a truly wonderful time – and lots of fun! xoxo,Kare
It's coooolllddd here in Seattle. Yeah, I know it's winter and that cold thing does tend to happen in the winter, but Seattle winters tend to be fairly mild. We're hardly San Diego, but we don't usually spend too much time below freezing. The past few days, we've experienced our first morning frosts of the [...]
Now that it's October, I can no longer remain in denial. Fall is here. What a terrific summer it was, though. We had amazing sunny weather here in Seattle, from June on. The gardening season was phenomenal. We couldn't have picked a better year for our rookie garden. But it's time for our little garden [...]
- Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake with Cinnamon Whipped Cream 7:00 AM
- Sweet, Spicy, and Savory Pumpkin Seeds 10:31 AM
- Iced Coffee 3:09 PM
- Hawaii & Haupia (Coconut Pudding) 11:05 PM
- Fresh Bing Cherry Ice Cream 1:17 PM
- Foodbuzz 24×24: A Simply Washington Thanksgiving 10:31 PM
- Sweet Potato Pie 8:48 AM
- Goodbye to The Hazel Bloom. Hello, Kitchen Treaty! 7:59 AM
- Junk to Treasure: 70′s Clock Turned Cool New Wall Art 3:11 PM
- Honey Rhubarb Brown Betty 11:03 AM
- Almond Poppyseed Shortbread Cookies 10:43 AM
- Deep Dark Hot Fudge Pudding Cake 10:51 AM
- Glazed Greek Yogurt Lemon Poppyseed Muffins 12:01 PM
- Glazed Vanilla Bean Cookies 8:56 AM
- Anne: I've just made two and they are absolutely adorabl...
- Sam: Kare, good luck to you. Your blog was the first th...
- Kare: Hi Angela! You left this comment nearly a year ago...
- Mary Castor: Hi, Just made these...What did I do wrong??? The...
- Kristen: This is so beautiful! :) I'm wanting to do somet...
- Lisa: Hi! I am doing a roundup of my favorite holiday t...
- Chante Drape: Dark chocolates and milk chocolates are the best. ...