Colorful, full of flavor and packed full of warm spices. When topped with delicious Cinnamon-Honey Butter it’s breakfast nirvana, equally appropriate for company and kiddos.
Simmer up a batch of thick, rich spiced pumpkin butter to spread on toast, add to oatmeal, stir into yogurt or give away as delicious gifts. It’s easy.
Looking for the perfect pumpkin pancake recipe? I was, too. I tried about a gazillion versions before I came up with this one of my own. They’re so good; even better topped with caramel syrup and hazelnuts toasted to perfection.
Make your own pumpkin puree! It’s easy and delicious – and freezes beautifully for pumpkin goodies all winter long. Here’s how to do it.
It’s easy and fun to make wholesome homemade dog treats. Pumpkin Dog Biscuits are the perfect fall “cookie” for your pooch – pureed pumpkin is packed with good-for-them (and us) stuff, and from what I can tell, dogs surprisingly love the stuff.
Sweet, Spicy, and Savory Pumpkin Seeds have been my go-to pumpkin seed recipe this year. They have a blissfully addicting – if not slightly (but deliciously) strange – combo of rosemary, cinnamon, cayenne and black peppers, and salt. And they’re especially perfect with a nice cold winter ale.
These muffins have the most amazing crown – and they taste terrific, too. The pureed pumpkin helps keep the spiced batter moist; the brown sugar and maple syrup kiss the muffins with just the right amount of sweetness – not too much, though, because you’ve got Cinnamon Maple Glaze going on, too. Oh yeah.
I’ve been feeling a little under the weather lately. Because of that, the kitchen here in The Hazel Bloom household has been taking a break, and the house has been without projects. It’s been a weird month. But for the most part, things are on the upswing. So brace yourself, kitchen! Because fall is here, [...]
I just love when two great things go great together. In this case: Chocolate and pumpkin. Wonder Twin Powers, activate! Form of… Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread! In this moist, tasty quick bread, the bite of the spices goes perfectly with the sweet creaminess of the chocolate. I highly recommend wrapping this up and saving it [...]
Pumpkin Curry Soup Adapted from the Curried Pumpkin-Apple Soup recipe at familyfun.go.com Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 tablespoons butter 1 cup onion, chopped 1 cup celery, chopped 1/2 large tart apple (like Granny Smith), peeled and chopped 2 teaspoons curry powder 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth 1 1/2 cups pure pumpkin puree – canned or homemade [...]
If you're baking and pureeing your own pumpkins for pies, muffins, bread, etc. etc. (etc.), don't commit the heinous crime of throwing away your seeds! I know they're kind of yucky all mixed in with the pumpkin guts and stuff, but they're so worth picking out and roasting. On jack o'lantern carving day every year, [...]
I’m in a an experimental breakfast phase. And I’m in an experimental cooking-with-pumpkin phase. So naturally, the twain shall meet. I’ve had some disappointments. A lower fat, wheat flour version of Apple Pie Muffins? Bleh. Pumpkin Nutella Bread? Not so much. But I was pretty happy with how this Pumpkin French Toast turned out, especially [...]
After just a few short weeks of doing this blog thing, I'm realizing how common, natural, and cliche it is to start a story with "I love…" It's just that, this is what it's about! Stuff I love! But I think I need to mix it up a bit, come in at things at new [...]
- Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake with Cinnamon Whipped Cream 7:00 AM
- Sweet, Spicy, and Savory Pumpkin Seeds 10:31 AM
- Iced Coffee 3:09 PM
- Hawaii & Haupia (Coconut Pudding) 11:05 PM
- Fresh Bing Cherry Ice Cream 1:17 PM
- Foodbuzz 24×24: A Simply Washington Thanksgiving 10:31 PM
- Sweet Potato Pie 8:48 AM
- Goodbye to The Hazel Bloom. Hello, Kitchen Treaty! 7:59 AM
- Junk to Treasure: 70′s Clock Turned Cool New Wall Art 3:11 PM
- Honey Rhubarb Brown Betty 11:03 AM
- Almond Poppyseed Shortbread Cookies 10:43 AM
- Deep Dark Hot Fudge Pudding Cake 10:51 AM
- Glazed Greek Yogurt Lemon Poppyseed Muffins 12:01 PM
- Glazed Vanilla Bean Cookies 8:56 AM
- Anne: I've just made two and they are absolutely adorabl...
- Sam: Kare, good luck to you. Your blog was the first th...
- Kare: Hi Angela! You left this comment nearly a year ago...
- Mary Castor: Hi, Just made these...What did I do wrong??? The...
- Kristen: This is so beautiful! :) I'm wanting to do somet...
- Lisa: Hi! I am doing a roundup of my favorite holiday t...
- Chante Drape: Dark chocolates and milk chocolates are the best. ...