I really do love Ikea. And I especially love Ikea's Expedit bookcases. They're, in a word, rad. Well, I guess that's actually about 1/3 of a word, but you know what I mean. We recently bought three of the shelving units, one four-squares-wide by two-squares-tall, as linked above. We laid it on its side, I [...]
My friend Megan is quite possibly the most talented amateur interior decorator that I know. The adorable thing is, she has no idea what a natural she is at this sort of thing. Whenever I leave her house, I'm inspired to paint the living room already or finally retire that bachelor bedroom set with the [...]
They weren't horrible before or anything. Medium brownish wood, black pleather tops. Pretty unassuming. They didn't know it, but they actually needed me. The truth is, they were bored. So I gave them a new lease… or seat… on life. (I know, a bit of a stretch with the pun there, and darn corny too. [...]
It's hard to meld styles when you come from very different perspectives. You know, like male and female. Bachelor and bachelorette. I came to the table with a major girly beach cottage/shabby chic thing going on, and my guy had a, shall we say, "bachelor chic" look happening. We decided we'd be better off starting [...]
I'm soooo excited about the future craft office. Scratch that. Not the future craft office, the ACTUAL craft office. It's come along so much the past week or so, I think it's time we take the "future" out of the name. Exciting times, right?! A few days ago, my guy was all, "Hey, let's go [...]
(aka: Office slash craft room) Today we head down to Ikea to see if they have any non-flimsy furniture that might help us turn this: into something like this: Okay, well, hopefully you know what I mean. I don't have a shapeshifting room (darnit!) and we have limited funds, so unlike Martha, I only get [...]
- Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake with Cinnamon Whipped Cream 7:00 AM
- Sweet, Spicy, and Savory Pumpkin Seeds 10:31 AM
- Iced Coffee 3:09 PM
- Hawaii & Haupia (Coconut Pudding) 11:05 PM
- Fresh Bing Cherry Ice Cream 1:17 PM
- Foodbuzz 24×24: A Simply Washington Thanksgiving 10:31 PM
- Sweet Potato Pie 8:48 AM
- Goodbye to The Hazel Bloom. Hello, Kitchen Treaty! 7:59 AM
- Junk to Treasure: 70′s Clock Turned Cool New Wall Art 3:11 PM
- Honey Rhubarb Brown Betty 11:03 AM
- Almond Poppyseed Shortbread Cookies 10:43 AM
- Deep Dark Hot Fudge Pudding Cake 10:51 AM
- Glazed Greek Yogurt Lemon Poppyseed Muffins 12:01 PM
- Glazed Vanilla Bean Cookies 8:56 AM
- Anne: I've just made two and they are absolutely adorabl...
- Sam: Kare, good luck to you. Your blog was the first th...
- Kare: Hi Angela! You left this comment nearly a year ago...
- Mary Castor: Hi, Just made these...What did I do wrong??? The...
- Kristen: This is so beautiful! :) I'm wanting to do somet...
- Lisa: Hi! I am doing a roundup of my favorite holiday t...
- Chante Drape: Dark chocolates and milk chocolates are the best. ...