Poke a chopstick through the foil lid of a four-ounce, kid-sized yogurt, freeze, and voila! Delicious, healthy, and refreshing frozen yogurt pops.
Finally! Summer is here … or at least, it’s darn close. The weatherman said it’s so, and if the weatherman says it’s so … well, I choose to believe this time around. Bring on sunflowers and popsicles and running through sprinklers, baby. I’m ready. I’m ready for summery goodies, too. Ice cream, juicy garden-grown tomatoes, [...]
The bittersweet truth is, fall is pretty much here – and I, for one, am feeling it. In fact, I’ve just about given in. I’ve been thinking about pumpkin recipes. I lit an apple candle. I even found myself brewing up some chili in the crock pot a couple days ago.
But in one last-ditch attempt to hold on to the sunny joy of our too-short Seattle summer, I took my two youngest nephews to the blueberry farm [...]
In between marathon blog redesign sessions, I’ve had a teensy bit of a life. I think it’s still summer – it is, right? I think the weather is pretty nice. I think my dogs and my guy still like me well enough. I think. As far as my guy is concerned, I’m pretty sure it helped that [...]
I’m on a couple of kicks lately. Well – come to think of it – several kicks. I’m just going to talk about two of ‘em today.
Lately I’m a little obsessed with both iced green tea and fluffy beach reads. It is summer, after all. I’ve made raspberry lemon iced green tea (good), strawberry mint (also good), and blueberry (pretty color, but needs work). And the books, you ask? Well, I finally read [...]
How do you spell "refreshing?" … Well, hmm. Wait a minute. This doesn't really work in print, does it? So much for the Rolaids/relief approach. Let me try again. How about some Watermelon-Basil Sorbet, everyone?! It's refreshing. No really. Tongue tinglingly, brain freezingly, coolingly refreshing. What I'm trying to say here is that the combo [...]
Baby, it’s hot outside. Even here in Seattle, where we’ve been oh-so semi-patiently waiting for summer to finally get here, we’re supposed to see temps in the 90′s over the next couple of days. Woo hoo! While we humans like to cool off with icy treats like sorbet, iced coffee, and oh, say, a glass [...]
July is National Ice Cream Month.
Don’t get me wrong – celebrating ice cream is an idea I can get behind – but I have to wonder, who comes up with these things? It’s the special days that really get me. For instance, today is I Forgot Day. How do you celebrate this (other than with my general absentmindedness that needs no special day)? [...]
Cool, creamy, refreshing, and oh-so caffeinated – we’re talking perfect iced coffee, made right in your own kitchen. When I follow these rules, I end up with a perfect cuppa icy joe.
I'm not a morning person. Case in point: Just a couple of minutes ago, I put some cream in a mug and poured in some nice strong coffee. My first cup of coffee for the morning. I grabbed it and meandered (okay, stumbled) over to the couch and set it down on the table… right [...]
Okay, confession time, everyone. Admit it: have you ever had a gift registry that you could access online? Where you could see if an item had been fulfilled, before you actually received it? Did you peek to see what you're getting? I always thought that if I had such a registry, I would 100% [...]
I'm sure there are some that would say making a mojito in a blender is sacrilege, but when we're camping, if it's good, it's golden. I firmly believe in putting the "campy" into camping, after all. And when any recipe involves our friggin' awesome hand-crank blender, all the better – not to mention easier. We [...]
- Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake with Cinnamon Whipped Cream 7:00 AM
- Sweet, Spicy, and Savory Pumpkin Seeds 10:31 AM
- Iced Coffee 3:09 PM
- Hawaii & Haupia (Coconut Pudding) 11:05 PM
- Fresh Bing Cherry Ice Cream 1:17 PM
- Foodbuzz 24×24: A Simply Washington Thanksgiving 10:31 PM
- Sweet Potato Pie 8:48 AM
- Goodbye to The Hazel Bloom. Hello, Kitchen Treaty! 7:59 AM
- Junk to Treasure: 70′s Clock Turned Cool New Wall Art 3:11 PM
- Honey Rhubarb Brown Betty 11:03 AM
- Almond Poppyseed Shortbread Cookies 10:43 AM
- Deep Dark Hot Fudge Pudding Cake 10:51 AM
- Glazed Greek Yogurt Lemon Poppyseed Muffins 12:01 PM
- Glazed Vanilla Bean Cookies 8:56 AM
- Anne: I've just made two and they are absolutely adorabl...
- Sam: Kare, good luck to you. Your blog was the first th...
- Kare: Hi Angela! You left this comment nearly a year ago...
- Mary Castor: Hi, Just made these...What did I do wrong??? The...
- Kristen: This is so beautiful! :) I'm wanting to do somet...
- Lisa: Hi! I am doing a roundup of my favorite holiday t...
- Chante Drape: Dark chocolates and milk chocolates are the best. ...