They’re hearty and tangy and perfect for that lazy morning after Thanksgiving. And ridiculously easy to whip up, to boot!
Delicious vanilla beans plus a little pour of Maker’s Mark bourbon makes for a Sweet Potato Pie recipe that is really out of this world.
The most basic of vegetarian stuffing recipes, made a little more special with a handful of sourdough bread thrown into the mix, along with caramelized onions and delicately-delicious chanterelle mushrooms. Yum.
I was thrilled, thrilled, thrilled to be selected as one of 24 food bloggers that gets to post about our Thanksgiving dinner – and I’ll even get a little moolah for it! Foodbuzz 24×24 is a monthly program from my ad network, Foodbuzz, featuring 24 bloggers and a special party or gathering that they hosted. [...]
If you’re looking for an easy and budget-friendly place card idea for Thanksgiving, look no further. All you need are crabapples with their perfectly long stems, some paper, tape, scissors, a pen, and about 15 minutes. (And they’re totally cute, too.)
Vegetarians, rejoice! This 100% vegetarian gravy is exactly what you’ve been missing on Thanksgiving. It’s so easy to whip up a batch of this stuff. Just keep those saucy carnivorous mitts away from your gravy boat – meat eaters may prefer it over their own non-veggie-friendly gravy.
I know it probably says something a little weird about me, but the truth is, I love Safeway's floral departments. They've always got great arrangements, candles, and cool stuff on clearance. My cup of tea, totally. The other night I was wandering around a Safeway floral department (it's not like I seek them out! I [...]
- Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake with Cinnamon Whipped Cream 7:00 AM
- Sweet, Spicy, and Savory Pumpkin Seeds 10:31 AM
- Iced Coffee 3:09 PM
- Hawaii & Haupia (Coconut Pudding) 11:05 PM
- Fresh Bing Cherry Ice Cream 1:17 PM
- Foodbuzz 24×24: A Simply Washington Thanksgiving 10:31 PM
- Sweet Potato Pie 8:48 AM
- Goodbye to The Hazel Bloom. Hello, Kitchen Treaty! 7:59 AM
- Junk to Treasure: 70′s Clock Turned Cool New Wall Art 3:11 PM
- Honey Rhubarb Brown Betty 11:03 AM
- Almond Poppyseed Shortbread Cookies 10:43 AM
- Deep Dark Hot Fudge Pudding Cake 10:51 AM
- Glazed Greek Yogurt Lemon Poppyseed Muffins 12:01 PM
- Glazed Vanilla Bean Cookies 8:56 AM
- Anne: I've just made two and they are absolutely adorabl...
- Sam: Kare, good luck to you. Your blog was the first th...
- Kare: Hi Angela! You left this comment nearly a year ago...
- Mary Castor: Hi, Just made these...What did I do wrong??? The...
- Kristen: This is so beautiful! :) I'm wanting to do somet...
- Lisa: Hi! I am doing a roundup of my favorite holiday t...
- Chante Drape: Dark chocolates and milk chocolates are the best. ...