Here’s a confession: For a long time, I’ve been deathly afraid to tune in to Hoarders. The truth is, I feared I’d see too much of myself. See, I’ve never been the most… meticulous. An elementary school teacher sent home the feedback, “Karen is so talented! But… she needs to work on her organizational skills.” [...]
This thing cost me $5 at a garage sale last Friday. Total shocker, right? I mean, it's in such pristine condition… I know, I know. Not. It's certainly a little worse for the wear, but it was the perfect size for our patio – where I wanted a cart or a table for drinks, BBQ [...]
It was a busy, busy month, but I ended up finding a little time to poke around a few thrift stores. The November verdict: Furniture was a big thumbs down, vintage glassware thumbs up. I've already featured a few things in earlier stories, like the… Formerly White Candlesticks I painted them red. I absolutely love [...]
Hold up! Did you enter the $50 Sur La Table gift card giveaway? It ends tonight! Yes? Okay, great. I now return you to your regularly scheduled The Hazel Bloom. — This month's thrift store travels have not only been few and far between, but a little lean. I've been searching for very specific stuff, [...]
Thrift stores rock. Yes, they're usually pretty filthy. And yes, they smell terrible, absolutely. But I so totally don't care. I'm there to treasure hunt. I wasn't able to make it too many in October, but here are my favorite finds from the couple of visits I did make. Fantastic 70's clock This thing is [...]
- Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake with Cinnamon Whipped Cream 7:00 AM
- Sweet, Spicy, and Savory Pumpkin Seeds 10:31 AM
- Iced Coffee 3:09 PM
- Hawaii & Haupia (Coconut Pudding) 11:05 PM
- Fresh Bing Cherry Ice Cream 1:17 PM
- Foodbuzz 24×24: A Simply Washington Thanksgiving 10:31 PM
- Sweet Potato Pie 8:48 AM
- Goodbye to The Hazel Bloom. Hello, Kitchen Treaty! 7:59 AM
- Junk to Treasure: 70′s Clock Turned Cool New Wall Art 3:11 PM
- Honey Rhubarb Brown Betty 11:03 AM
- Almond Poppyseed Shortbread Cookies 10:43 AM
- Deep Dark Hot Fudge Pudding Cake 10:51 AM
- Glazed Greek Yogurt Lemon Poppyseed Muffins 12:01 PM
- Glazed Vanilla Bean Cookies 8:56 AM
- Anne: I've just made two and they are absolutely adorabl...
- Sam: Kare, good luck to you. Your blog was the first th...
- Kare: Hi Angela! You left this comment nearly a year ago...
- Mary Castor: Hi, Just made these...What did I do wrong??? The...
- Kristen: This is so beautiful! :) I'm wanting to do somet...
- Lisa: Hi! I am doing a roundup of my favorite holiday t...
- Chante Drape: Dark chocolates and milk chocolates are the best. ...