These delicious morsels are a celebration of all that is vanilla. The sweet vanilla-bean-specked glaze coats a buttery soft cookie made with vanilla sugar (very easy to make) and vanilla extract for a double dose of the heady stuff. Melt-in-your-mouth goodness, I’m telling ya.
It’s so easy to make vanilla sugar, you’ll never go without it again. Sprinkle it over oatmeal, flavor hot drinks like coffee, tea, or hot cocoa, or add a little extra delicious depth to just about any baked good you make.
I started with King Arthur Flour’s Basic Muffins recipe, then added orange zest, a variety of orange-juice-soaked dried fruits and some warm, welcoming spices. Then I piped the telltale cross on the top and, bingo.
These crazy, delicious green cookies inspired by none other than the famous McD’s Shamrock Shake. We’re talking buttery green-hued shortbread flavored with vanilla and mint. Atop the cookie lies the best part – the minty buttercream, liberally flavored with vanilla and mint. And then naturally, a maraschino cherry on top.
Delicious, moist lemon-buttermilk cupcakes filled with good raspberry jam, topped with a simply amazing vanilla bean buttercream then plopped with a fresh raspberry to hint at what will be found inside.
Raspberries, almonds and oatmeal, oh my! Along with a touch of delicious vanilla. When baked to perfection, it makes for a delicious, almost decadent breakfast.
Delicious vanilla beans plus a little pour of Maker’s Mark bourbon makes for a Sweet Potato Pie recipe that is really out of this world.
This blog has a little slider thing on the homepage, and today I decided to use it for a few days. Did you see it? Kinda nifty, right?!
Since the redesign, I’ve been torn on activating the [...]
Facebook is so weird and so cool. It's really neat to connect with folks from the past – so many high school classmates are my "friends," and I've so enjoyed catching up with them. One gal graduated a year after I did. She's super sweet. She has a bunch of cute kids, and just had [...]
- Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake with Cinnamon Whipped Cream 7:00 AM
- Sweet, Spicy, and Savory Pumpkin Seeds 10:31 AM
- Iced Coffee 3:09 PM
- Hawaii & Haupia (Coconut Pudding) 11:05 PM
- Fresh Bing Cherry Ice Cream 1:17 PM
- Foodbuzz 24×24: A Simply Washington Thanksgiving 10:31 PM
- Sweet Potato Pie 8:48 AM
- Goodbye to The Hazel Bloom. Hello, Kitchen Treaty! 7:59 AM
- Junk to Treasure: 70′s Clock Turned Cool New Wall Art 3:11 PM
- Honey Rhubarb Brown Betty 11:03 AM
- Almond Poppyseed Shortbread Cookies 10:43 AM
- Deep Dark Hot Fudge Pudding Cake 10:51 AM
- Glazed Greek Yogurt Lemon Poppyseed Muffins 12:01 PM
- Glazed Vanilla Bean Cookies 8:56 AM
- Anne: I've just made two and they are absolutely adorabl...
- Sam: Kare, good luck to you. Your blog was the first th...
- Kare: Hi Angela! You left this comment nearly a year ago...
- Mary Castor: Hi, Just made these...What did I do wrong??? The...
- Kristen: This is so beautiful! :) I'm wanting to do somet...
- Lisa: Hi! I am doing a roundup of my favorite holiday t...
- Chante Drape: Dark chocolates and milk chocolates are the best. ...